SW Live Action Series Now Casting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batty

Nexus 6
Reaction score
This is the first news I've heard about this in a long time.

A live-action TV series set in the “Star Wars” cosmos has been an elusive, tantalizing prospect for years. News of the potential production first surfaced in 2005 while George Lucas was promoting “Revenge of the Sith.” Work on the “Clones Wars” animated feature film and Cartoon Network series, though, took creative precedence. In late 2007, Lucas revealed that he and his team were about to begin writing scripts for the live-action show. Now MTV News has learned that casting for the series is currently underway.

During the junket for the Nicolas Cage thriller “Knowing,” star Rose Byrne let slip that Team Lucas is casting a wide net for actors to join the show. “A lot of my friends have been auditioning for it,” she said.

According to Lucas, the show will focus on minor characters from the saga and be set in the time period between “Revenge of the Sith” (Episode III) and the original “Star Wars” (Episode IV). The action will follow the Rebel Alliance as it slowly gains strength against the Empire. There will be Stormtroopers, but no Jedi or Darth Vader will appear on screen. As he did with the “Clone Wars” series, Lucas will write and shoot an entire year’s worth of episodes before looking for a cable channel on which to air the series.

Thus, with casting just now moving forward, it looks to be quite some time before fans will be able to catch some live-action “Star Wars” on the small screen.

Bryne couldn’t have been more pleased about her time working with Lucas on 2002’s “Attack of the Clones.” “My experience was wonderful,” she said. “George is a great guy. I was just there for a week, standing behind Natalie [Portman] looking very demure and supportive. 95% of the fan mail I get is from ‘Star Wars’ and I’ve never seen them.”

As much as she enjoyed the “Star Wars” experience, Byrne, who was nominated for a Golden Globe for her work on FX’s “Damages,” will not be auditioning for the live-action series. “I’m on a show,” she said. “I don’t know if I look that good in space.”

https://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/03/09/exclusive-star-wars-live-action-tv-series-casting-underway/

Too bad....I've been digging on Rose Byrne for a while:

rose_byrne_02.jpg

I'm interested to see who gets casted and what we'll be given....

I think it has real potential. If they go for a more pg-13 way of doing things and get some good writers on board I think it could work.

wow, something probably lamer than the prequels, and possibly as bad or worse than the Clone Wars series? No thanks.

I see it as the other way around, Clone wars is horrible IMO. Mainly cause it's targeted audience is kids. This is SUPPOSED to be darker and edgy. (we'll see) This is the last chance IMO for Lucas to do something cool.

(It's through the viewpoint of The Rebels AND Imperials and is supposed to give both viewpoints, which i find interesting.) I hope it turns out good.

Not even Lucas' ego is bloated enough to actually convince himself that Vader is not needed.....even if not a main character, he's gotta make an appearance form time-to-time.

the stories should be similiar to the books that are between ep 3 and 4. they have no name jedi in them but they still have jedi in them and are actually pretty good stories imo. i don't believe there won't be any jedi in these shows.....i won't believe it.

well hopefully it'll show that there are still a few left that survived the purge and this shows them trying to remain behind the scenes hiding from the Empire.

Could be good. Will depend on what minor characters they go with and how they use them. I would like to see some jedi mixed in during this though.

Im looking forward to this.
So who is confirmed?
Stormtroopers
Boba Fett

If its an open casting call I would be perfect to play a younger Porkins. :)

And of course there are no Jedi. If this is set between III and IV then how can there be.. they are all dead except Obi and Yoda.

I still hope they eventually have a few rogue Jedi in the storyline or at least some very quick scenes with Vader. It doesn't have to be anything significant, but it's Darth Vader for crying out loud! He's a HUGE part of the Empire, it wouldn't make sense to not have him in there somewhere.

Supposedly it's about minor characters from the OT and the PT, I hope we get to see Wedge and you can bet C-3P0 and R2-D2 will be in it, unfortunately along with Jar-Jar.

Back