Serenity cover art. yuck.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDboystoys

Super Freak
Reaction score
Oh God its Hideous!

Well Serenity is up for preorder at Amazon but the cover art is absolutely disgusting imo.
heres a link to a better look at it.
serenity cover art

man its just SO wrong. ok ill say what I think is wrong with it. Whats with rivers face?
the space battle in the top right looks terrible its on a side view and serenity shooting lasers???
Did you notice the 1000's of zombies? There was not ONE mass crowd scene in serenity.
The positioning of Zoe and Mal is terrible and wheres the rest of the crew?
The overall layout is just terrible I cant believe this was okayed to be released. I really hope it changes.

This is what it should have been, someone on another board is desinging his own cover that is far superior, check it out custom cover art

Oh if you also are dismayed by this cover art, sign this petition started on another board.Petition

I personally am just annoyed that they would make a terrible cover that screams cheaps ass B movie! It doesnt resemble a thing about Serenity at all.

If I was in a video store and saw this and had no idea about serenity or Firefly I'd walk right by it.

That cover is as lackluster as the trailers for the film were. River looks like a fashion model.

Yeh the trailers were pretty bad and didnt show off the movie too well. Theyve photoshopped river to the max!!

River looks like a fashion model.
She looks good!

I don't agree that it's horrendous, but certainly isn't appropriate either. I've been trying to find the international art in a poster - that was very cool and wierd.

This was a poster plastered on the ceilings of the subways of London:

AngelRiverSml.jpg

I think this would grab anyone's attention and it still looks like River even though that isn't exactly the outfit she's wearing when she is up on the ceiling. Oh, and Serenity did quite well over there!

My problems with this dvd art is it isn't Serenity. That picture of "River" is not the River from the movie with the heavy eye make-up, sexed up hair and gothic look and Serenity, the ship, does not shoot out lasers. If I was unfamiliar with Firefly and Serenity and was at the dvd store looking for a rental I'd most likely give that cover a quick glance and move on. I very rarely go to the movies and I very rarely rent a movie so when I do I don't even remember what most movies were about. If I see a cover that's familiar and it reminds me that it was something I wanted to see I'll pick it up and read what it's about. That cover doesn't resemble the trailers that were shown so someone who may have been interested in possibly seeing Serenity but decided to just rent it when it comes out on dvd may not remember what the name of the movie even was and because there isn't anything recognizable in the photo of River may just gloss over it.

Why not show a shot of River in the lab, probes in her head and eyes rolled back with a shot of Mal and the Operative in mid battle on the lower part of the movie. Yes, Summer looks gorgeous in that picture but that's not the character she was playing.

That poster is indicative of the Yurp campaign - very creative and clever, but the one I'm thinking of is the characters, featuring Mal and River in a blue field and some strange positions and shapes. I just remember it was very striking.

This is hardly a surprise. Every last bit of marketting for this movie was terrible. Still, the movie will be in our home on the evening of the 20th. My wife and I discussed it last night. We didn't want to end up with two copies because we each bought one for the other :)

That DVD cover is terrible. It's way too busy. Once again, cool theatrical poster art (as seen above) doesn't make its way to the DVD.

I would like the light one (aussie?) to be the DVD-cover. The one at amazon looks cheeezy! (and not even goat-cheese)

Fusty says:

"That's pretty darn fugly!"

You are right, it looks like a B movie cover. It makes me really sad. I LOVE the Aussie poster!

It could definitely use a different cover. I agree that the Aussie poster looks much better than the one on amazon.

The fan custom created cover isn't that bad either.

The Aim to misbehave poster is the one to go with, but then again I didnt much care for the US poster version either. Reason why I favor the misbehave is it almost has the entire crew on it. Dont care for for the dvd art and dont care for the fan made either and I agree the marketing for the movie was pretty sad. Damn, I really love this movie either way it will be in our collection, I wish he would of made a extended version. Just dont want to say goodbye I guess.

Yep, that's the one B. Aussie not Yurp, no wonder I couldn't find it! Now where can I buy one?

I'm with you Dave and I have never even seen Serenity.

That Aussie poster is tight!

I'll probably find myself chaging the cover myself, although I'd rather if i didnt have to! :banghead
its not that hard to make a decent cover!!!! SHEESH!

Back