The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Reaction score
The Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread

What improvements are you looking for in this game?

Personally, I want maps set in Jungles & Arctic areas

more extreme weather like sand storms, snow blizzards etc

also customisation of your soldiers appearance

IW looking for your thoughts in this link also:

https://twitter.infinityward.com/

Last edited:
Gotta agree with every one of you're improvements. They all sound great.

I hope it's again themed more around the SAS, as The SAS > Marines :lol

I wouldn't mind a cover system? Like killzone 2? Hold down a certain button and it goes into a cover system. Would be pretty cool, but ony in single player. I can't see it working in multiplayer / online.

I wouldn't mind Captain Price returning, same for Gaz but he got shot in the head :(

Gotta agree with every one of you're improvements. They all sound great.

I wouldn't mind a cover system? Like killzone 2? Hold down a certain button and it goes into a cover system. Would be pretty cool, but ony in single player. I can't see it working in multiplayer / online.

I wouldn't mind Captain Price returning, same for Gaz but he got shot in the head :(

:lecture :lecture

everyone loved soap etc...........miller who?.....died like a b@tch :p :lol

A perk where you can have two attachments to a gun - suppressor and red dot, red dot and grenade launcher, etc.

At least 15 (+/- 1 or 2) maps that are new and a good mix of large, medium, and small maps.

A SCAR.

Hardcore versions of all game modes (headquarters and war/domination in particular)

Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40 Watt range - oops, wrong game ;)

Vehicles - I am torn on having them or not... maybe not tanks, but perhaps an APC (M2 or LAV and a BMP) and a Hummvee and the East Bloc equivalent.

A perk where you can have two attachments to a gun - suppressor and red dot, red dot and grenade launcher, etc.
Definitely!!!! Also, suppressors for Sniper rifles. Would be cool, like the All Ghillied up Mission.

yeah this was my biggest gripe with the current game. you play through the single player with all this cool stuff on it and then MP only allows you to have one?? well, i understand their reasons for it, but i think if you have a perk that uses up two slots this should balance it out.
~~the one suggestion i have is maybe not giving the players the ability to throw grenades like they are superbowl MVP quarterbacks. i still find it stupid to see someone chuck a grenade seemingly across the entire map.

yeah this was my biggest gripe with the current game. you play through the single player with all this cool stuff on it and then MP only allows you to have one?? well, i understand their reasons for it, but i think if you have a perk that uses up two slots this should balance it out.
~~the one suggestion i have is maybe not giving the players the ability to throw grenades like they are superbowl MVP quarterbacks. i still find it stupid to see someone chuck a grenade seemingly across the entire map.

I dont think even MVP quarterbacks or hell even outfielders could make some of the throws these people make. :rotfl

I would also like to see the removal of the extra grenades perk.

I think they could make the two attachments work but you would lose two perks like perk 1 and perk 2.

I'd like to see the MP set up close to how WAW is. The perks and number of items I think is quite fair compared to 4.

In Socom you can customize your character, they also 2 perks on a gun. They have silencers, grips, scopes, etc. It would be awesome for COD to go that route.

I hope they fix online friend play. They should fix the clans to. In Socom you have a Clan leader and your own page and all its members. It shows what room there playing in, and lets you join if you want. I would also like to see Friend Partys be able to play Free for All.

:rolleyes:

I love the S.A.S as much as the next guy, but small elite Special Forces, vs superbly trained conventional forces is like comparing apples and oranges. Both need the other.

Anyways, I would love to keep all the great weapons from the first one, but add a heck of alot more like the the FN SCAR-H 7.62mm, UMP .45 sub-machine gun, H&K 416 6.8mm carbine, M-110 sniper rifle, AA-12 auto shotty,M-32 MGL grenade launcher to name a few.

Maybe instead of a low flying airstrike, a JDAM airstrike that comes out of nowhere, AC-130 Spectre Gunship for air support.

Vehicles like in COD5 would be a welcome addition. Stryker's and/or armored Hummer's. Door Gunning from a Black Hawk with 7.62 miniguns or sniping.

Socom is such a terrible game. I hope nothing about MW2 is 'like' Socom.

So all the succeeding modern-day Call of Duty games won't be numbered? I guess that's fine, but is this Call of Duty 5? or another CoD WaW type of entry?

I'd be funny if it were titled Call of Duty 5: Modern Warfare 2.

So all the succeeding modern-day Call of Duty games won't be numbered? I guess that's fine, but is this Call of Duty 5? or another CoD WaW type of entry?

I'd be funny if it were titled Call of Duty 5: Modern Warfare 2.

It'll be called Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Where as the next call of duty not made by Infinity ward will be Call of Duty 6

amirite?

I would like to see real combat situations in the game. Game types like trench warfare, even tunnel warfare (underground fighting in near dark environments where CQC is nessecary), maybe even a game type where your team needs to hold a building for a set amount of time while the other teams try to overrun it (like a massive big teams battle with 3 or 4 5 man teams playing), arctic and jungle environments. Hell even through in NPC combatant bots to add to the realism like both teams start out on either side of a town and when they enter you have snipers and booby traps laying around like in real life. So not only do you need to watch yourself from the other team but NPC's as well. That to me is modern warfare.

I have to agree on eliminating the grenade tossing miles across the map, and Id also like to see that bloody n00b tube taken right out. I had enough of that thing in BF2. Making it so you only get 1-2 grenades per life would be nice also, it would help eliminate the hail of 'nades you see in every round.

An arctic map would be awesome, all kinds of sneaking around in among winter forests with white cammo suits on.

Probably the improvement I want the most is customization of your soldier ala Rainbow Six. I liked being able to put camo on the guns, but I really like being able to customize my soldier. I guess that's the RPG fan in me. :D And yeah a few of the perks need to go, like Martyrdom, Last Stand, and Juggernaut.

Back