BSG: The Second Coming Trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batty

Nexus 6
Reaction score
I didn't know this existed. I wonder if Larson's movie will be more like this.

Battlestar Galactica: The Second Coming was a 1999 project from Richard Hatch and an attempt to create a pilot film for a proposed new Battlestar Galactica television series that would pick up where the original 1978 series left off.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ybIyzTO4zhU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ybIyzTO4zhU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Looks decent. It doesn't get better, though, than Ronald Moore's BSG.

:lol I feel kinda bad for laughing...but I don't think I would have ever watched this. It just looks so cheesy and compared to the current BSG....well it doesn't even compare.
I could never really get into sci-fi shows in the past....when I have tried to watch it just makes me laugh. Corny dialogue, bad action, poor acting, etc.... Perhaps the new BSG has spoiled me....it has great effects, great dialogue, great acting....it's actually thought provoking....my standards are now set high for any tv show and sadly most sci-fi shows just don't make the bar.

:lol I feel kinda bad for laughing...but I don't think I would have ever watched this. It just looks so cheesy and compared to the current BSG....well it doesn't even compare.
I could never really get into sci-fi shows in the past....when I have tried to watch it just makes me laugh. Corny dialogue, bad action, poor acting, etc.... Perhaps the new BSG has spoiled me....it has great effects, great dialogue, great acting....it's actually thought provoking....my standards are now set high for any tv show and sadly most sci-fi shows just don't make the bar.

I don't think anything can stand up to Moore's BSG. It's consistently been great television over the past five years. Not too many shows can say that.

That being said, even though this trailer looks corny and dated (even for 1999 standards), it looks faithful to the original series. I'm sure they were looking to the original fan base for this, and not thinking outside the box like Moore did.

Man the special effects were just marginally better than the original series. :lol

sometimes a FAIL can be a good thing.

I'm assuming those effects are stand ins/quickly done just to get the trailer made to get the project up and running. kinf of how Star Trek trailers used to use effects from old films and the TV series for new films that had no effects made yet.

If this was given a decent budget, effects, directors etc... I would have watched it.

But......... it's true we HAVE been spoiled by the current BSG... it's hard for any show to stand up to the level of quality we have on a weekly basis here. So really, I'm glad this new version was the one that got made. I just love it.

Back