Two 80's classics about to be tarnished

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nooooooooooooo!

total-recall.img_assist_custom.jpg

In a wierd way I kinda miss the obviously fake body parts and exploding heads. You always knew something cool was going to happen when the head suddenly turned to wax. CGI is too good! Movies went from magical and fun to too real. Only bright side is it allows for my favorite comic book movies to be made well.

Mweh....Neverending Story could work if it's more faithful to the book...Otherwise, what's the ^^^^ing point. And Total Recall just has me facepalming...Blargh.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Ahnie still dreams of Mazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,sure he became "dee gavenooeee of Galivoonia" but he still feels something is burning deep inside:lol

The Ultimate Goal was always MAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Mweh....Neverending Story could work if it's more faithful to the book...Otherwise, what's the ^^^^ing point. And Total Recall just has me facepalming...Blargh.

I agree, I read the book (translated of course) and it was something I wouldn't mind seeing treated more faithfully. I love the original flick, still a movie I can watch and completely enjoy :rocal

Total Recall is a bit more of a WTF, especially as its not thatold.

In a wierd way I kinda miss the obviously fake body parts and exploding heads. You always knew something cool was going to happen when the head suddenly turned to wax. CGI is too good! Movies went from magical and fun to too real. Only bright side is it allows for my favorite comic book movies to be made well.

I feel the opposite. As a child of the 80's, the bad effects distracted me from the story. I prefer many of the new effects since they don't take me out of the moment, but practical effects should never go to the wayside. HellBoy 2 did an amazing job of mixing CGI and practical effects.

Another example is the robot in Zathura. The head, body and feet were a real actor, but the limbs were done with CGI. If they had created it with stop motion, completely practical effects or just used CGI, it wouldn't have worked nearly as well.

Really interesting. It does not bother me much, but of all movies, Total recall????
Not much to that movie, even by action movie standards?ah wellll. i will see it.

Damn remakes are coming left and right. Neverending Story may work. But I hate remakes that just follow the old film. Atleast put some new ideas in it. Total Recall will suck. All remakes suck. I understand "The Thing" remake 30yrs later black & white film, that don't count.

I remember reading people hoping for a Godfather remake at the IMDB. The typical Hollywood target audience. I guess remakes work because they keep being made and people keep supporting them. Can't wait for the LOTR remake in 10 yrs, I'm sure it will make money.

:lol Remake Total Recall? Oh dear God why??? Thats almost as dumb as remaking Ishtar or Hook! :D

I mean how will you ever be able to recreate the scene where they are hauling him off like a little kid while he screams "Wad de fack dide dooooooo"?

:rotfl

Really interesting. It does not bother me much, but of all movies, Total recall????
Not much to that movie, even by action movie standards?ah wellll. i will see it.

Why would you go see it if you didn't like the original, just curious...

:lol Remake Total Recall? Oh dear God why??? Thats almost as dumb as remaking Ishtar or Hook! :D

I mean how will you ever be able to recreate the scene where they are hauling him off like a little kid while he screams "Wad de fack dide dooooooo"?

:rotfl

"Wad dee hell is going onnn,wad dee FAKK did i doo`rong?!"

"You blabbed Quade,you blabbed about Mars"

"Ayyoo Crazy,ayyy don`no anydeeng about MAZZZZZZZZZZ"

Back