"The Dark Knight" passes $1 billion at box office

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devil_666

Super Freak
Reaction score
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - So what if " The Dark Knight " wasn't nominated for a best picture Oscar?

Warner Bros . announced Friday that Christopher Nolan's Batman saga has crossed the $ 1 billion mark in worldwide revenues, having accumulated a $1,001,082,160 billion gross to date.

With two Oscar wins to its credit for supporting actor ( Heath Ledger ) and sound editing, the film ranks as the fourth highest worldwide grosser of all time, before adjusting for inflation. "Titanic" is tops with more than $1.8 billion.

Since its release in July, "Knight" also has become Warners ' highest grossing film worldwide as well as the second-highest-grossing film domestically of all time. In its Imax release, it ranks as the largest 2-D digitally remastered Imax release of all time in both the domestic market with $49.6 million and worldwide with a gross of $64.9 million.

https://oscars.movies.yahoo.com/news/324-dark-knight-passes-1-billion-at-box-office-reuters

$$$ :naughty $$$

Doesn't surprise me at all that it reached the $1 billion mark. It's a really good movie and a really good film series so far. :cool: I wouldn't quite go so far as to call it great, but Ledgers performance was great IMO.

Doesn't surprise me at all that it reached the $1 billion mark. It's a really good movie and a really good film series so far. :cool: I wouldn't quite go so far as to call it great, but Ledgers performance was great IMO.

So what would be considered a great movie? And if you say POC or LOTR I will most definately cry! :D

Not sure what the implication is there. I hate to say though I have a feeling G.I. Joe is going to be a flop :monkey2

It most probably will be, I was just trying to be funny. I still think TDK should have won best picture. They should actually award best picture to movies that people actually go see in the theaters.

It most probably will be, I was just trying to be funny. I still think TDK should have won best picture. They should actually award best picture to movies that people actually go see in the theaters.

Best Oscars quote:

Will Smith: "I love action movies....with all the explosions and excitment and...oh whats that word....oh yeah...FANS"

It makes me sad that Titanic beats out everything else. IMO, if Batman was on the damn boat it never would have sunk in the first place!

Look Out: "Captain Wayne....Ice BERG dead ahead"
Captain Wayne: "Fire Bat torpedos"
Look Out: Oh yeah...no that worked. We're ok now
Captain Wayne: Ok, well now if you don't mind Im going to go watch some kid draw some hot chick naked from the Bat-Peep-Hole.

Best Oscars quote:

Will Smith: "I love action movies....with all the explosions and excitment and...oh whats that word....oh yeah...FANS"

I loved the fans quote too. Probably one of the few things that evening which actually did provoke laughter... as the vast majority of the show blew righteously save for the one shining moment when Heath won for the Joker (well, two moments if you count the Best Sound Editing Oscar as well). When Benjamin Button won over TDK and IM for best visual effects, I would taste the bile. Aside from TDK's two wins, I thought the Oscars were rife with injustice just to give the award to the little Bollywood film that could.

I think it's a movie with Martin Lawrence?: dunno

thatsracistgm751224856460.gif

:rotfl

Back