Opinions: What is the Holy Grail of WETA LOTR Statues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gondor59

Beacon Keeper
Reaction score
In your opinions, what is the absolute best, must have statue of the entire line. Most answers will be Balrog of Moria or Cave troll. But these responses can sometimes be interesting....so post away! :wacky

How did you know??

For me definitely the Daddy Rog!!! This was my must have, although I do wish I had picked up some of the others I missed out on. But Balrog is definitely my prized and all time favorite LOTR piece.

I think that Sam and Bill is really the finest statue that Sideshow produced. Personally, though, I feel that Sam is one of the most important characters, and I think his statue captures his humility and modesty, and the Bill is excellent. Love that it comes with Sam's pots and pans, too! As a SSW completist, I have all of the full-size statues, minus the Gandalf Bronze, and nothing compares to Sam. He is the centerpiece to my display of the heroes of middle earth.

Well, I am partial to the good guys, so the Balrog and Troll don't appeal to me as much as they do to others (which helps since they are way out of my price range anyway). I would have to say that if I could only keep one piece on display, it would be Gandalf on Shadowfax. That's my choice for my personal "holy grail" statue.

Sentimentality or awe-inspiring, two very different things.

1) Sentiment - Aragorn, Sam and Bill (couldn't agree more) or RWOS

2) Awe inspiring - CT, or Sauron

Because most people here dont like it.

I'm not sure what the holy grail piece should be. Its prob different for every collector. On a whole, you'd prob have to say the Balrog. But for me, the holy grail would be my Fell Beast. My holy grail among the items I dont have would be Bilbo.

Cavey - statues
Lurtz - busts
WIKI - helms
Orthanc - enviros
Fellowship 1 - weapons

Have to agree on Sam and Bill...that is a good piece.

Sentimental favs is my Gandalf the Grey displayed with Aragorn statue...

That is a toughie. There are some really great pieces and I do not think I could pick one, but my short list would be
Sam & Bill
RWOS
Aragon
GOSF
Eowyn & ML together
Sauron
Gal. Archer
Wiki Bust
I listed just pieces I have other than those the CT is great.

It is a close call between Daddy Balrog and Cave Troll Statue.

I personally love the Cave Troll, if I had to sell every SSW piece but one, Cave Troll stays.

I also love Sauron too now that I have it displayed with the Sauron Helm and Barad-dur from Danbury Mint. I have Barad-dur sitting under Sauron's outstretched hand and when it is dark the red light glows on his hand and the ring.

Back