Is it worth going into the Star Wars PF series?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustyboy

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I have always been a Marvel statue collector. Recently the Star Wars PF series
Darth Vader & Biker Scout caught my attention. I understand these 2 PFs have been released sometime back, so getting them from the secondary market will be very expensive. Currently sitting on the fence.

For those who have these 2 pieces. Is it worth getting them? Only managed to see a handful of nice photos. Any remarkable photos to share? :maul

Last edited:
It is definitely worth getting them. Both the Scout and Vader (when displayed with Obi Wan) are the centerpieces in the SW PF line so far. Plus, you might even be able to get them under retail on the secondary market, at least the Scout and Obi Wan.

Those two are definitely worth getting. The exclusive version of Darth Vader is expensive, but the regular can be had for semi-reasonable prices if you are patient (and frankly, the exclusive mouse droid is not a must-have). The only problem with it is that he's posed in such a way that he really only looks good paired with the Obi-wan PF.

The Biker Scout goes for under retail, and in fact has recently come back into stock on Sideshow's site.

Those two are definitely worth getting. The exclusive version of Darth Vader is expensive, but the regular can be had for semi-reasonable prices if you are patient (and frankly, the exclusive mouse droid is not a must-have). The only problem with it is that he's posed in such a way that he really only looks good paired with the Obi-wan PF.

The Biker Scout goes for under retail, and in fact has recently come back into stock on Sideshow's site.

Yes, I realised that the Biker Scout is now back in stock at SS's site.
Any idea what's the lowest it has gone for under retail?

So far i own all of the Star Wars P.F.s ,... in general ( my opinion ..) Luke 1st and Solo aren`t the 2 P.F. s that when you`ll see them in person will make your Jaw to drop..but Vader , Maul , Grievous , Biker Scout & Anakin (excl.) will do !!! Good luck to your hunt !!!

Yes, I realised that the Biker Scout is now back in stock at SS's site.
Any idea what's the lowest it has gone for under retail?

I know someone bought the Biker Scout PF for $500 shipped last year. Kinda sorry I passed on it when I had the chance.

The Biker Scout had a wayyyy too high edition size, considering it's enormous size, so yeah, well under retail is expected. It's very impressive in person. Same with the Vader. Haven't seen the rest yet.

I know someone bought the Biker Scout PF for $500 shipped last year. Kinda sorry I passed on it when I had the chance.

Wow tht's a good price considering retail is $799.99. I seriously wonder if it's better to wait for one with a good price from the secondary market or order direct from SS now?

economy is hard right now.
some folks might be willing to go low on price, or even do a flexpay.

The only thing to consider with the Biker Scout is that it's fairly fragile and difficult to repackage. For $500 to $600 I'd certainly get it used, but if the discount was smaller it might be better to get it factory fresh from Sideshow.

I have Vader and he is still boxed, cannot wait to get him out for display later 2009. The idea is to try to get some display cases made for the PF's or some tall curios/cabinets, to protect them from dust, since they are a combo of resin/polystone and cloth materials.

If you're a SW fan, and you've got the cash, PFs are definitely the way to go.

At the moment I own Vader, Obi-Wan, and Dagobah Luke, and Anakin's out for delivery. I'm very happy with the ones I own. I also had Han, Leia, and Tattooine Luke at one point, but sold them.

I'd like to get some more, but I collect other stuff, including LOTR PFs. It's difficult picking and choosing between the two lines.

I recommend against it because of how disappointing the Han Solo figure turned out. I bought one and his oversized head never stopped bothering me at the price. I also found he looked odd displayed next to a PF Leia (which was outstanding to be fair) because of the differences in the height of their bases. I ultimately sold them both.

The Speeder Bike PF is one of the best things Sideshow has done, in my opinion. The edition size should have been half of what it was for something this large and expensive, so it should never be hard to get below retail. I would recommend getting one brand new, as it won't go back in the packaging the way it came and I wouldn't want to see it broken in transit if you get a used one.

I just bought the original Luke for $110 shipped and Han Solo for $120 shipped. At those prices, I couldn't resist.

Now if I can just catch a SSE Frankenstein at less than retail! :lol

I love all of them--Leia is a little short next to the Tusken Raider:

swpf.jpg

I no longer have the entire line--just characters from the original trilogy. But it's still my favorite line from Sideshow.

Back