A Concern Regarding The Prometheus Body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Dear Sideshow,

With the release of the new Promethus body I have become concerned about its scale when displayed with other figures. The new PRO body is shorter than the standard Art S. Buck figure and standard bodies from other lines such as Dragon or Hot Toys.

Are there any plans to further develop the PRO so that it is more in scale with previous SS lines and other 1:6 companies?

This question came to my the forefront of my mind with the announcement of the new Sideshow 1:6 Lando. He is on a body far too short for the character. Which means should Sideshow ever release and ROTJ Han Solo he will be out of scale with the previous Han Solo releases and, on the new body, the same size as Leia Boushh. :)horror)

Please don't let this happen Sideshow.

Here are some comparison pics:

nekidbodiespt8.jpg

On a scale of 1 to 10:

HT TT-9
SS Pro-7
SS Buck-5

I prefer the Pro to Buck, but it still has plenty of issues. Sloped shoulders and shortness being the most prominent.

Pro.....Truetype.....Buck
SANY3079.jpg

Pro.....Buck
SANY3080.jpg

SANY3083.jpg

I am bothered by this as well. I'm looking forward to seeing how quickly and effectively Sideshow deals with the situation.

Fix this please Sideshow. Snake -eye aint a dwarf.

yes do something. I was not worried about snake eyes but after having this body in hand today i'm worried about sw too. i like the buck. It needed a slight upgrade but i can get most of the action poses i wanted out of it. i think since the snake eyes figure looks to be based off of bradstreet he needs a ripped upper body with broad shoulders which the pro does not accommodate.

I too hope this is addressed. I know the body is intended to be modular, so make it so.

To have invested so much in upping the ante for 1/6 figures, yet have them now be out of scale with previous releases is not good.

I have to say, while I want SSC to improve anything possible to the point of perfection, considering the time it took them to upgrade from the Buck to the Pro, asking them to do anything that costs substantial investment is probably asking too much.

Limb extenders-likely
Redoing shoulders and torso parts-welcome to dream land

too bad it wasn't beta tested or something around the collectors that would have picked it apart. But I think you're either stuck with it or you'll have to go to another vender to upgrade the figure.

I agree that a retooling of the entire body is unlikely (and frankly unneeded)... They said the PRO body is modular.... I wanna see them putting that to use the way it was intended.

I think by modular they probably just meant that it can handle longer arms and legs. The most positive thing I can imagine is that it also means muscular arms and legs for characters like Roadblock.

I think by modular they probably just meant that it can handle longer arms and legs. The most positive thing I can imagine is that it also means muscular arms and legs for characters like Roadblock.

Eric, I'm telling you that I know what they meant by modular. I want to see it used.

Eric, I'm telling you that I know what they meant by modular. I want to see it used.

I'm not trying to correct you. :cool:

What other stuff do you think they can utilize the modularnicity :)lol) for?

Maybe aliens like Jar Jar, Hammerhead?

Back