Custom Belloq figures..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfisher

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
New Custom Belloqs..

OK.. so there is already a thread dedicated to the Belloq figure.. mine came in about an hour ago.. and I don't know what the fuss was about.. this figure is great and has tons of potential... The tie is short and the thread knot was lame.. but ten minutes of scissors, pliers and superglue.. bingo.. tie is fixed.. better knot and length is good now.. obviously still needs to be refined.. but again.. I have been working on this figure for all of ten minutes so far..
IMG_5352.jpg

Then I threw on a khaki shirt I had in the scrap box ( won't be using this exact shirt for my project as it does not have epaulettes ) but it gives me the idea of what this figure can look like later.. also dug up a safari pith helmet from the parts bin...

IMG_5353.jpg

Anyway.. point being.. I thought a new thread was warranted for custom projects without all of the " I cancelled my order" etc etc posting.... I'm curious to see the projects people have ongoing with this figure.. I plan on ultimately doing three customs, one of belloq sitting in the cairo cafe.. ( scratch building his hookah is gonna be interesting), one dig site Belloq.. and a jungle gear Belloq...

Last edited:
Would have loved to see some pics of your figure before you fixed it...but the changes look great!

Anyway, here's my now infamous Tanis Dig Site Belloq:

BelloqDig7.jpg

BelloqDig5nosnap.jpg

Mfisher, you'll have to show us how you fixed the tie! I can see that you probably folded it over to make it skinnier, but how did you manage to make it longer??

Looks great! Glad to hear you're not dissatisfied with it.

Mfisher, you'll have to show us how you fixed the tie! I can see that you probably folded it over to make it skinnier, but how did you manage to make it longer??

Looks great! Glad to hear you're not dissatisfied with it.

Yeah Mfisher, I'd rather hear positive things too, and I love customs, so it'll be fun watching your projects come together. Please, more photos as you progress, when you can. Thanks a bunch. :chew
I can't wait for my Belloq. I'm not sure but he may be coming Monday.

The tie was easy.. I just snipped the thread that was at the top, removed the elastic and the tie was much longer due to being folded nearly in half... I then cut one short portion off to fold into somewhat of a triangle for the top part.. then folded the edges of the longer portion so that it became narrower towards the top.. adhered it all together with the glue.. it is now tacked in place with hotglue and looks much MUCH better than the top picture I posted.. need to do a few more pics.. but I also have to re-sew the coat buttons and make button holes for the coat too...

here's another shot of the tie done... I have already cut off all of the small white plastic ball "shirt buttons" as well as cut off the metal snaps for the shirt, pants and coat.. I tac all of the clothing in place with a hot glue gun so those big clunky metal snaps do not show... gives the clothes a slimmer profile..
IMG_5356.jpg

what I am considering.. and I am just timid right now.. is using the dremel and grinding down some of the hair over the left ear so I can ^^^^ his hat over his left ear a little deeper... just scared to screw up his noggin.. although if I do I will just use the head on the jungle gear belloq and slap a pith helmet over the messed up hair !

For those doing a safari Belloq.. go look for the pants that came on the Did brand "John Coleman figure.. they are the perfect match for the screen used pants.. British Jodphers with the correct pocket on the rear... Did also put out a good shirt with epaulettes on their WW2 german Rommel figure.. I am going to get those, bleach them out and re-dye them to match up... will take a while to get the parts in and get it going... the pith helmet will take a lot of work though.. best one I found was off of a Twisting Toys brand Italian figure...

what I am considering.. and I am just timid right now.. is using the dremel and grinding down some of the hair over the left ear so I can ^^^^ his hat over his left ear a little deeper... just scared to screw up his noggin.. although if I do I will just use the head on the jungle gear belloq and slap a pith helmet over the messed up hair !

I was thinking the same thing. I'd love to get that hat at an angle like he wears it.

What about dremeling out one side of the hat a bit? Think that would work?

was afraid to dremel the hat as it is fairly thin.. maybe lightly sand it... but the hair could be dremeled only because it will be covered by the hat anyway...

My hat kind of "snaps" into place and holds position firmly. Sideshow planned that out nicely. I've tried to force the hat over and everything to no effect, so definitely either the hair or the inside of the hat needs to be adjusted to accomodate.

For those doing a safari Belloq.. go look for the pants that came on the Did brand "John Coleman figure.. they are the perfect match for the screen used pants.. British Jodphers with the correct pocket on the rear... Did also put out a good shirt with epaulettes on their WW2 german Rommel figure.. I am going to get those, bleach them out and re-dye them to match up... will take a while to get the parts in and get it going... the pith helmet will take a lot of work though.. best one I found was off of a Twisting Toys brand Italian figure...

I picked up the Coleman pants (although mine don't have pockets on the rear), but I got the DID Edward Steiner shirt. It doesn't have the epaulettes, but it has the right collar. I thought it would be easier to create epaullettes than to change the collar. I got a BBI German tropical pith helmet. I need to remove the strap and the insignia, but it has the proper shape (flat on top).

BTW Michael, can you tell me how you plan on bleaching and redyeing the clothes. I have a slight color discrepancy on my uniform and would appreciate any tips:).

I was just going to put the pieces in to a diluted bleach bath... once they were faded out I was going to experiment with some rit dyes to get that british khaki color and color both pieces with the same dye batch to match them up... you sure you got the coleman pants though ? they should have the one field dressing pocket on the rear ...
BTW.. just took the dremel to Belloq's noggin and carved off a ton of hair... it is working.. able to reposition the hat a bit now... at this point I can cant the hat over just a bit... looking at more screenshot though I may try and heat the hat and turn the edges of the brim down more.. in the cafe scene the sides were not flipped up as much..

IMG_5364.jpg

Last edited:
Boil the hat in water then mold it while running it under cold water. . it will keep its shape. :gun

I painted my Belloq's hair last night. I think I may have gone a little overboard. His hair color fluctuates throughout the film. It's more gray in the canyon (with the MP40) than in other scenes. What do you think? Do I need to get the paints out and start over? Thanks.

IMG_6085.jpg

IMG_6094.jpg

BMARZ1000

Back