Do you think HT will ever make a Stealth/Phasing Pred

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GDZILLA95

Super Freak
Reaction score
Do you think HT will ever make a "Stealth" or "Phasing" Predator?
If it was made, would you get one?

I think it would be pretty cool, and since I really know how to piss $$$ away,
I would get one.

Last edited:
Re: Do you think HT will ever make

I've wondered this myself, but with the amount of articulation they have, would 'clear' plastic work, there'd be so much internal detail would it work.
And may I say it might be an idea to change the title so people know what to expect!

What's up GDZILLA95? I can't see them ever doing a clear, especially since there is not such thing as clear rubber for the dreads, but if they pulled it off, I might buy one. I would like to see a 1/6 statue of one. That could be done well.

I've wondered this myself, but with the amount of articulation they have, would 'clear' plastic work, there'd be so much internal detail would it work.
And may I say it might be an idea to change the title so people know what to expect!

Yea, I didn't think about all of the pegs and stuff on the inside. Good point.

Sup SS? I turned 40 today, so I'm headed to get some chow.

i hope not.
"stealth" figures always look bad because there's no way to make the articulation "stealth".
you get a partly clear figure with white joints. look at kenner's and mcfarlane's stealth preds. then add about 20 joints.
the only way it would work is to make a solid clear plastic statue, and i doubt anybody wants to pay $150+ for that.

Personally, I think it'd look stupid in the end, so I hope not.

Leave that kind of crap to action figures.

McFarlane and Neca never had a problem making them.

12stealthpredator.jpg

While it's true they never had a 'problem' making them, it's not like THAT actually looks good.

...well, maybe it looks okay for a fifteen dollar seven inch toy (or even a cheap little 12"), but I still think it would look flippin' stupid on a 14" Hot Toys Predator with all of those joints.

Then don't buy one and just pretend that you have an invisible 12" Predator because, you know, you can't really see him because he's supposed to be "invisible." :monkey1

Then don't buy one and just pretend that you have an invisible 12" Predator because, you know, you can't really see him because he's supposed to be "invisible." :monkey1

I won't buy one, and neither will anyone else, because unless Hot Toys are stupid - they won't make one.

How would they even pull off 'invisible' mesh, when they use real fabric? How would they make it look like it was 'phasing' either?

It's a neat little idea and all, but there are a lot of problems with it, and I really don't know how anyone could do it, without it looking extremely cheap.

Using a transparent, thin fishing net or a thinner versions of those they use for kites. Lol!

But yeah, its retarded. HT would never make these.

I won't buy one, and neither will anyone else, because unless Hot Toys are stupid - they won't make one.

How would they even pull off 'invisible' mesh, when they use real fabric? How would they make it look like it was 'phasing' either?

It's a neat little idea and all, but there are a lot of problems with it, and I really don't know how anyone could do it, without it looking extremely cheap.

seems like a good idea, but if you really want to take it one step further for $175 i can sell you a box with an invisible Predator in it.

It would be interesting to see these stealth Predators if ever made. But they should consider making the figure just partially cloaked, especially parts where there are no visible joints. It would be a hard task but the professionals at HT could do it.

Clear, HARD PVC? plastic also has a tendency to be brittle...so hence a lot of breakage problems can occur as well.

I'd like to see it happen and I know Hot Toys could pull it off if they wanted to.

Back