Thoughts/Opinions of Bespin Luke 1/6th Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D4rkShaDoWz

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys! I wanted to order my first Star Wars 1/6th scale figure and the Bespin Luke seemed like the perfect price and look (big fan of ESB) I was wondering what your opinions are of this figure and if it's worth it, etc. If there is a thread for this, please combine. Thanks. :chew

There is an image thread... I'd say out of the 4 Sideshow looks he's number three for me. A solid figure, but the likeness just isn't as strong as the ANH or ROTJ figure.

You won't be disappointed, and he's a cool figure... just not my personal fave.

I think it turned out pretty well. I know the Michael Crawford review was a tad harsh, but all-in-all, I am happy with it - one of about 12 I have displayed regularly

He's pretty nice if you can get past the not-so-great paint applications. I have mine displayed with the Jedi Luke and the likenesses are surprisingly similar. I made one into a dagobah version, and will eventually make a Bespin duel version with the cut-off hand.

That is my favorite Luke look from the movies, so I'm a bit biased, but I really dig him. I would like to get the "New Hope" version one day, but I wouldn't be too upset if I never got another 1/6 Luke, since I feel that he represents the character very well. I say buy him!

DA's reworking of this is the most impressive I have seen. Track down the images of his and you will be rightly impressed.

I'm getting mine repainted. I wanted him to look like he got a @$$ whipping form Vader.
attachment.php

Yeah. rips are accurate to the movie.

Cool...today has been a interesting day on small details...Rips in his ESB jacket for Luke and grey stripes running down the helmet of ANH style Tie Pilots! Whoa!

Also, the crawford review indicated that part of the face sculpt looked shrunken in - he had guessed that may have been a factory issue or some other - what part of the face is he refering to? i could never figure it out...maybe I am blind, but I don't see it...?

I took a closer look, and the right side of the face is sunken in more than the left side. The head sculpt isn’t symmetrical. It just makes more sense to repaint the thing, now it looks like he’s got swelling on that side of the face. Looks cool.

He's okay. But I really like all the accessories he came with, especially the hand stump! The outfit is pretty nice and the belt and weapons are nicely detailed. And I think he's going to look great against Vader when he gets here!

Thanks guys - I don't know if I should get it now...

I like Obi-Wan too - Does anyone have pictures of Bespin Luke and Obi-Wan From Episode III so I can compare? Thanks. This will be my first Sideshow Star Wars purchase.

Here are a couple pics of my Bespin Luke. I re-painted the head and added some battle damage to him.

luke6.JPG

luke5.JPG

Chris

Last edited:
Back