Upcoming McMuffins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMoon

Demi G0D Overseer
Reaction score
Figured I would just start thread for a list of all of the upcoming movie McMuffins. So, name the movie and the McMuffin.

A McMuffin (sometimes tastey breakfast sandwich) is a plot device that motivates the characters or advances the story, but the details of which are of little or no importance otherwise.

The element that distinguishes a McMuffin from other types of plot devices is that it is not important what the object specifically is. Anything that serves as a motivation will do. The McMuffin might even be ambiguous. Its importance is accepted by the story's characters, but it does not actually have any effect on the story. It can be generic or left open to interpretation.

The McMuffin is common in films, especially thrillers. Commonly, though not always, the McMuffin is the central focus of the film in the first act, and later declines in importance as the struggles and motivations of characters play out. Sometimes the McMuffin is all but forgotten by the end of the film.

The McMuffin is also a popular breakfast sandwich that can be found at McDonalds. These sandwiches can also be served in a meal that includes coffee and a hash brown.

I know Hitchcock used McGuffins a lot.

The biggest one that I remember from modern movies is the suitcase in Pulp Fiction.

9e3baab2-9f25-46ba-b27e-82e0cc15c986.jpg

Back