Back to the Future individual DVDs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Fusion

Super Freak
Reaction score
As some probably know, the Back to the Future trilogy was released on DVD in Dec. 2002. Well, they are bringing them back on individual special edition DVD on Feb 10th.

I normally hate when companies do this, even though I double-dipped and bought the individual Indy movies. But there is disc 2 with the first movie with all new features, including "Back to the Future Night," a made for TV documentary in 1990 hosted by Leslie Nielsen. It was really cool. I remember watching it on a home taped VHS, which has long since vanished from our house.

Disc 2 also includes an all new, long awaited documentary called, "Looking back to the future." It has a bunch of new interviews and behind the scenes footage. It is sure to satisfy any BTTF fan's craving for more special features.

Unfortunately Parts II and III of the trilogy have no new features. But, being the shmuck I am, I ordered all three. For the sake of completion.:rolleyes::lol

I would recommend at least picking up the first movie whether you have the 2002 DVD set or not.

Ah crap...
I've been waiting for a SE of these movies, until last Christmas, I finally caved in and bought the trilogy at a very decent deal...
Maybe I'll get the first in single DVD just for the docs...

If these are out in the UK as well I probably will get them. The first box set has been on my list to get for years but haven't gotten round to yet, so this might kick me in to gear.

Have they had a Blu Ray release yet?

Have they had a Blu Ray release yet?

Hopefully this year.

https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/1790

Report: Universal Plotting 'Back to the Future' Blu-ray Release

'Back to the Future' fans got a sneak peek this past weekend at an apparently in-the-works Blu-ray release of the '80s favorite.

As first reported by the site BTTF.com, 'Future' producer Bob Gale surprised fans at a special screening near Orlando with a new digital remaster of the flick, which he said had been produced for an eventual release on Blu-ray.

"What you're going to be seeing today is the digital master for the upcoming high-definition Blu-ray version of 'Back to the Future,'" Gale told the crowd. "I don't know when it's coming out yet, but I was involved in the mastering of this tape, so I can tell you that it looks absolutely beautiful!"

Gale also spoke to potential supplemental features on a Blu-ray version of the trilogy, saying only that never-before-seen bonus materials may appear, though he stopped short of offering any specifics

At press time Universal had not confirmed nor denied plans for a 'Future' release on Blu-ray, but as always we'll keep you updated as any official news comes in.

As much as I love these movies and really want to see that new bonus disc I think I will wait for the bluray release.

Yeah...I'll wait for the Blu-Ray...

BTW, congrats on the 10,000 post Fisto...Well once you get it.

As some probably know, the Back to the Future trilogy was released on DVD in Dec. 2002. Well, they are bringing them back on individual special edition DVD on Feb 10th.

I normally hate when companies do this, even though I double-dipped and bought the individual Indy movies. But there is disc 2 with the first movie with all new features, including "Back to the Future Night," a made for TV documentary in 1990 hosted by Leslie Nielsen. It was really cool. I remember watching it on a home taped VHS, which has long since vanished from our house.

Disc 2 also includes an all new, long awaited documentary called, "Looking back to the future." It has a bunch of new interviews and behind the scenes footage. It is sure to satisfy any BTTF fan's craving for more special features.

Unfortunately Parts II and III of the trilogy have no new features. But, being the shmuck I am, I ordered all three. For the sake of completion.:rolleyes::lol

I would recommend at least picking up the first movie whether you have the 2002 DVD set or not.

Uhhh no. I am happy with just owning my trilogy on DVD in a nice boxset. I don't want to blow another 20-30 bucks per DVD. You insane fans!

I was just looking at the dvdtalk forums and someone reported that all 3 releases have film cells which makes atleast getting the first one very tempting for me. I guess it depends on the price.

I was just looking at the dvdtalk forums and someone reported that all 3 releases have film cells which makes atleast getting the first one very tempting for me. I guess it depends on the price.

Those are the Best Buy Exclusive DVDs. And they aren't actually film cells. They are, I think, production photos in that form. It would still be pretty cool. I just bought them from Amazon.

I might get these. Depends on what kinda deal I can get on the original versions. I'm not gonna pay alot more just for bonus stuff.

Back