Lightning Hits Cow, Cow Lives To Moo About It

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
lightning-cow.jpg

The cow featured here, who we will refer to as "Well Done", was struck by lightning and lived to chew grass and moo about it, which is apparently rare.

When lightning hits the ground, current flows through the earth in a wide area around the point of impact. This is how a lightning strike can kill a field full of cows - the long wheelbase of the average cow means that a nearby strike induces a significant potential difference across the ground spanned by the cow's front and back legs; current flows through cow, cow dies.
For those of you who aren't science-minded, let me break that down in layman's terms: basically lightning strikes a cow, and makes it delicious. I smell barbecue! Or a cow on fire, same difference.

I'm betting that saved that cow from slaughter. Poor Moo!

I hope you are right. After that experience the cow should be granted amnesty from slaughter and allowed to roam free for the rest of his days. :)

agreeing with Ween & Jen, the cow should be allowed to live his life in peace and be spared from slaughter.

that's pretty amazing though.....how many of us could survive that? When you look at how charred up he is i think that kind of damage would kill me.

I hope you are right. After that experience the cow should be granted amnesty from slaughter and allowed to roam free for the rest of his days. :)
I dunno.
My gut reaction is that the poor animal must be in so much pain from those burns that I'd wanna put it down asap.
5.gif

Then we could...

food80.gif

:lol

Back