Where to find theatrical movie posters?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMoon

Demi G0D Overseer
Reaction score
Where is a good website to get original movie posters from? Not looking to go to Ebay and I want to make sure I am buying the real deal. Any help is appreciated! :duff

Just checked and it looks like they are all re-prints. :monkey2 I am looking for the real deal. Just like the movie theaters get.

Not sure where you are located at, but here in SD, my friends and I go around at night and unscrew those poster window signs by the bus stops and take the posters.

Not sure where you are located at, but here in SD, my friends and I go around at night and unscrew those poster window signs by the bus stops and take the posters.

:lol:lol:lol
Can you get me some?

Thanks for the links guys. I am now the proud owner of 12 Dakota Fanning movie posters.

Seriously, how about silkscreen posters, does anyone collect those and know a good place?

www.ha.com

Its an online auction house. You have to sign up and there is a buyers premium, but depending on what your looking for you can get some great buys there as well. Also, you are able to sign up for alerts when they receive a poster in that your looking for. Pretty much how ebay works it. But, they have a whole section there devoted to movie posters and you can be guaranteed you are buying the real deal. One of the nice things is once your registered you have full access to all of their archived auctions so you can see what the going rate is.

I'm dumb rambling on now :duh

https://www.movieposter.com/mpw8/index1.html is the only place i buy mine...ebay is full of reprinters...id never buy a poster off ebay unless you wanted to be cheated... MP.com has been on national TV so their legit

If you are wanting new stuff there are plenty of legit ebay sellers. Now vintage stuff is another story. I have scored many authentic posters off ebay for a fraction of what most of those websites sell them for.

If you want current and are in Los Angeles - Hollywood Book & Poster is a good place.

Otherwise it's ebay or the highway. Many will be reprints, but post here about the dealer - some of us may know them. Ddilts is good.

Also emovieposter.com - he's the biggest seller - he went off ebay due to the crap they were pulling with sellers. All authentic stuff and might get some good deals.

If you want current and are in Los Angeles - Hollywood Book & Poster is a good place.

Otherwise it's ebay or the highway. Many will be reprints, but post here about the dealer - some of us may know them. Ddilts is good.

Also emovieposter.com - he's the biggest seller - he went off ebay due to the crap they were pulling with sellers. All authentic stuff and might get some good deals.

Cool thanks Dave! :duff

Looks like I will give Ddilts a go!

If you are wanting new stuff there are plenty of legit ebay sellers. Now vintage stuff is another story. I have scored many authentic posters off ebay for a fraction of what most of those websites sell them for.

hmm all the new movie stuff i had bought which claimed it was original 27x40.. the measurements didnt even fit "original" specs. and they didnt fit into a 27x40 frame... ive even bought an "original" 11x17 and when it came it wasn't even printed on the right paper

you gotta admit when you see on e-bay someone with 15+ copies of the same poster or multiple listings of the same...its technically illegal for cinema's to give away posters(although i have managed to get some out of them, but never 15 of the same..not that they'd ever have that amount) Yeah someone might work for one of the companies that print them..but are they really taking stacks out the front door?

To me those people have their own printer and prints them themselves.

Back