New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theghostinside

Super Freak
Reaction score
From toynewsi.com:

Sony Pictures Consumer Products and Mattel, Inc. announced today the development of a new collectible line of toys based on the world’s favorite poltergeist fighting team, the Ghostbusters, including an extensive cast of ghosts and ghostbusters – celebrating the 25th anniversary of the frightfully funny classic film “Ghostbusters.”

Mattel’s “Ghostbusters” collectible line debuts with 12-inch figures in June 2009, and will be available exclusively at MattyCollector.com. Each figure will feature window box packaging and include authentic Ghostbuster equipment unique to each character. For the first time, Mattel’s line will include talent likeness of Egon Spengler, Ray Stantz, Peter Venkman and Winston Zeddemore. Select prototype figures will be on display February 6-8 at New York Comic Con and February 15 at Mattel’s New York Toy Fair Collector Preview Night (by invitation only).

”We have assembled a quality group of licensing partners to support and celebrate the anniversary for one of Columbia Pictures' most cherished properties. Mattel’s line-up of collector toys is the perfect complement to what will be a great selection of 25th anniversary product,” said Juli Boylan, Senior Vice President, Sony Pictures Consumer Products Worldwide.

“Ghostbusters” collectors can also look forward to 6-inch figures, with one debuting at San Diego Comic Con in July 2009. Sculpted by Four Horsemen Studios, the team currently working on Mattel’s popular DC Universe™ Classics and Masters of the Universe® Classics collectible lines, the 6-inch line will come complete with authentic “Ghostbusters” equipment and ghost.

“There haven’t been many comedic blockbusters over the past quarter century as memorable and loved as ‘Ghostbusters,’” said Tim Kilpin, GM for Boys, Girls & Games, Mattel, Inc. “We are honored to participate in the celebration of the film’s 25th anniversary by creating the most extensive line of ‘Ghostbusters’ collectibles ever.”

Mattel will also create characters and ghosts from the classic animated series, “The Real Ghostbusters,” to go along with the classic “Ghostbusters” film.

https://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=14026

“Ghostbusters” collectors can also look forward to 6-inch figures, with one debuting at San Diego Comic Con in July 2009. Sculpted by Four Horsemen Studios, the team currently working on Mattel’s popular DC Universe™ Classics and Masters of the Universe® Classics collectible lines, the 6-inch line will come complete with authentic “Ghostbusters” equipment and ghost.

That's great news. Debut at SDCC '09 too

AWESOME!!!!!! This is great news and thanks for the post. Who knows maybe a license will be available to makers like Hot Toys and we'll see something very high end too!

This is great news, i've always wanted all 4 in 1/6 scale and it sounds like the 4 horsemen will make them with higher detail too.

...”We have assembled a quality group of licensing partners to support and celebrate the anniversary for one of Columbia Pictures' most cherished properties..."
It's good to hear that we finally have Ghostbuster stuff coming, but I wonder who the 'Quality Licensing Partners' they are referring to are. :dunno

AWESOME!!!!!! This is great news and thanks for the post. Who knows maybe a license will be available to makers like Hot Toys and we'll see something very high end too!

This is great news, i've always wanted all 4 in 1/6 scale and it sounds like the 4 horsemen will make them with higher detail too.

yeh im still hoping with this news that maybe hot toys will pick up the license as well since it is the 25th anniversary year. i have been wanting a hot toys vienkman for years.

yeh im still hoping with this news that maybe hot toys will pick up the license as well since it is the 25th anniversary year. i have been wanting a hot toys vienkman for years.

Its odd though, doesn't it seem like whenever there is talk of making custom figures (Recently) some company comes along with an announcement? I think toy makers of all kinds are on here.

They're watching us .................. :wave

:D

I'm hoping for a Jeremy and DiTillio two pack.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/KPKz9apoA-o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/KPKz9apoA-o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This is great news! My son just experienced Ghostbusters for the first time recently and he loved it! Now I can get him some figures to play with. :banana

Excellent news! I hope it's at least quality stuff and not crappy.

Really only interested in the characters from the film and not the cartoon.

Kinda disappointed the 12" figures won't make it to stores. I can't see them being collector quality, so why not make them accessible to kids?

I'm just talking about their 12". I'm usually not impressed by online only 12" figures. DC Direct, Diamond Select, etc. If Mattell puts as much effort into these that they do with upscale Barbie, we could get some great stuff, but I kinda have a hunch these will be closer to Diamond Select "24" or "Stargate".

Hope I'm wrong.

Holy ^^^^ing ^^^^!!
This is awesome!!
bring them on!!!
And by the 4H??? WoW!!!!!!

ghostbusters.gif

Back