Star Wars horror novel?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember awhile back, in the 90's I think, there were a few books called Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear. It was before I got in to Star Wars so I have no clue what they were about. Is this about those? Are they making a movie based on it?

Here's the article:

George Lucas' most powerhouse property is switching gears to embrace another kind of 'dark side.' "Star Wars" and the horror genre will merge for the first time in Deathtroopers, a terrifying new novel unlike anything you've ever seen in the "Star Wars" universe before. Experience the terror this Halloween!

Noted horror novelist Joe Schreiber had this to say on his blog:

"I'm going to be writing a Star Wars horror novel for Lucasfilm, to be released at Halloween 2009. I've been specifically asked not to talk about the content of the book, I can tell you that A) It's going to be very scary and B) It's hopefully going to be released on the same day that my original horror novel The Black Wing comes out. I'm thrilled (to death, obviously) to have this opportunity, and almost as thrilled to tell you about it."

The cover art has also been unveiled today.

I'm intrigued actually. I'm very curious to see a much darker side to the Star Wars galaxy. Hopefully, this is treated as a serious horror story. I have some doubts, but that cover art is pretty hardcore considering the license.

I'll be picking up a copy.

i think it is possible for this type of book in the SW universe. i could see them doing this with maul in it if they wanted to. heck in some of the NJO books there were creepy parts with the Yuuzhan Vong. i'm interested in seeing how they go about it.

It just seems odd crossing that genre with this. It seems like it would be better to just have a generic sci-fi horror novel.

Saw it on Star Wars dot com... lookd interesting.

cover_bg.jpg

Luke turns into a blood thirsty vampire, Leia is really a mummy, and Han is a Werewolf. :horror:lol:lol

I'm intrigued by the prospect, but that cover looks a little too ... schlocky for me. I like alternate takes on the Star Wars mythos, so this could turn out to be a weird little anomaly.

One of the cooler Star Wars literature attempts in my opinion was Star Wars Tales, the comic published by Dark Horse. When it first started there were a lot of random takes on SW, some borderline "Outer Limits" style. There was also a two issue series titled Devil Worlds, which reprinted some oddities originally published in the UK which definitely had a darker tint to them.

Back