What's the deal with the 1/6th scale line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logan3000

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Does anyone know what's going on with the 1/6th scale line? I'm ready for Legolas!!! And some villains.

IF you are serious...

1. Legolas came out like 2 years ago.

2. The line is "on hold". Basically dead.

Take it easy on him, he could have been in a coma for two years. Or in prison.

don't mess with him like that guys, there is no Sideshow Legolas

BUT i have a sideshow Legolas that Sideshow plans to release one day and I have it because i know some people at sideshow..they sent it to me and I'll sell it to you for $500 because you're new.

don't mess with him like that guys, there is no Sideshow Legolas

BUT i have a sideshow Legolas that Sideshow plans to release one day and I have it because i know some people at sideshow..they sent it to me and I'll sell it to you for $500 because you're new.

Can your connection get me a Gimli, Merry, and Pippin too?

When SSC says 'on hold' it has always meant canceled. However with two more films that are sure to generate interest in the line LOTR might be the one to defy the odds. Now if they are smart, they will be developing the missing figures during the 'hold' period since I think the slow pace of releases hurt the line.
This way they will be able to hit the ground running.

When SSC says 'on hold' it has always meant canceled. However with two more films that are sure to generate interest in the line LOTR might be the one to defy the odds. Now if they are smart, they will be developing the missing figures during the 'hold' period since I think the slow pace of releases hurt the line.
This way they will be able to hit the ground running.

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

They've already made it abundantly clear that in their view LOTR fans don't like the 1:6 scale lines (to be read, not enough people buy them to justify us producing more). I think that was their excuse to jump ship on yet another property's 1:6 line. To be fair, it's kinda understandable considering the two main hobbits, Sam and Frodo sat rotting on the website for quite some time. Gandalf's 1:6 Ex just sold out and the regular is still available. So, whether it was Sideshow lagging ass or the ADD fans wandering off like zombies, they're done.

1/6 the line is gone. It's done. It'll be easier if you just it go.

And now for your listening pleasure, Daryl Hall and John Oates

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Tj9JUKqVG_k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Tj9JUKqVG_k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I began to collect this series when Frodo, Samwise, and Gandolf were announced. I ordered and got these figures. At that time they were going to continue the series.

I began looking into the other three from the Fellowship when i heard the line was put on hold.

Some time later i read that the line of 1/6th was on hold because they didnt sell that well.

Even further later i read that the release of the rest of the Fellowship was highly unlikely and for all intents and purposes the 1/6 line was canceled.

That is the one big thing i hate about Sideshow and other companies. They start making toys and then they stop once theyve made a few. This really makes collecting DIFFICULT.

Does anyone know what's going on with the 1/6th scale line? I'm ready for Legolas!!! And some villains.

I began to collect this series when Frodo, Samwise, and Gandolf were announced. I ordered and got these figures. At that time they were going to continue the series.

I began looking into the other three from the Fellowship when i heard the line was put on hold.

Some time later i read that the line of 1/6th was on hold because they didnt sell that well.

Even further later i read that the release of the rest of the Fellowship was highly unlikely and for all intents and purposes the 1/6 line was canceled.

That is the one big thing i hate about Sideshow and other companies. They start making toys and then they stop once theyve made a few. This really makes collecting DIFFICULT.

Unfortunately, it's that way with most lines. :(

Unfortunately, it's that way with most lines. :(

Amen, man. Unless you're dealing with a property with a very limited character count, no figure line ever produces every single character from a particular license.

Heck, even with over 200 releases, the Playmates Simpsons line never even got around to giving us a Maude Flanders... :duh

Back