Hot Toys - IRON MAN 1/6th - MARK III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darren1228

Super Freak
Reaction score
Re: Hot Toys - MMS 75 - IRON MAN - 12 inches MARK III full spec and pics

Are you sure darren?? I didn't see any of the sellers on ebay listed the figure is in hand now.

If yes, I'll probably gonna get mine either this or next week :naughty

Totally! :D

3196049803_ba29259482_o.jpg

3196049687_067f1b4f09_o.jpg

3196895586_cd5ceaca0f_o.jpg

3196050483_29999fc6a3_o.jpg

Re: Hot Toys - MMS 75 - IRON MAN - 12 inches MARK III full spec and pics

Mini review by the guy there

HT IRONMAN IRONMAN IRONMAN MARK III

I must say the QC is really perfect and I got my 2 boxes without any problem.

The colour has been changed to dark red, which is good. The coating is very glossy already and you really don't need to put extra coating on it.

This is the limit of the legs when moving forward and backward.

There are 3 buttons for the LED lights, one on each forearm and the last one at the back to switch on the eyes and the chest.

The eyes can only look in horizontal level, would someone please check how to modify it. This is the maximum upward angle of the head. Simply not enough.

The missile inside the forearm has been painted very well, very good mechanism but can also be damaged easily.

You can also see the forearm cannot extend straightly and the joint is not using a two folds one which you can normally see in Gundam model which allow the hand to fold in 180 degrees.

Finished in high quality

It is a great design that even with the LED, you can still change hands, a great step forward by HT. !!!

This IRONMAN is difficult to pose due to limitation on the joints but at this price, I would say it is a MUST have item for all the hard work on the development of this figure by HT.

Re: Hot Toys - IRON MAN - MARK III PHOTO Thread

Got my Iron Man Mark 3 today. Pics suck again cause I got home late. Better pics tomorrow I promise.

This has been one of the most anticipated figure last year which was originally slated for an October release but got pushed back a few times probably because Hot Toys wanted to concentrate on the TDK line. Now that HT are mostly done with the TDK line, it's Iron Man turn to shine and does it shine.

Firstly, the good stuff. The most striking thing you will notice is the paint job or the shine on the paint job. He is not metal but every inch of the figure has a shine to it and that gives it a really metallic armour look. It must be noted that the paintjob is different than the prototype. The prototype has a brighter siesta red going on but the final product is more marooned.

This is totally movie accurate. All other Iron Man movie related product released so far (Bust, statue, hasbro movie line, has the same colour scheme going on. HT got the colour wrong in the prototype. Even the box shows Iron Man in the siesta red colour scheme. This could be a good or bad thing depending on who you asked.

One crowd prefers the prototype more comic accurate paint scheme while another crowd prefers the movie accurate paint scheme. But judging by how nitpicky the crowds here are about accuracy, the final paint scheme will pleased many.

Second thing you will notice is the amount of crazy detail for Iron Man. This thing is no doubt the most detail Iron Man movie figure out there so far. I will go as far as saying that the only other thing more detail that this is the movie CGI. Even the actual prop isn't as detail (the actual movie costume was CGI enhanced greatly). This figure honestly renders the statue that was release last year obsolete because it looks more detail and has a better paint job than the statue and this Iron Man is articulated. You will not be stuck with just one pose anymore.

Thirdly, you will notice Iron Man is quite light. He weights about the same a typical HT figure. He is mainly made from plastic but with this figure, HT made a few brilliant innovation in the construction. Iron Man is extremely articulated for a suit of armour and that has a lot to do with the used of mix media in the construction of this figure.

Despite being mainly plastic, certain key portions such as the waist, hip, and neck are made from soft PVC. This allows the figure to be more articulated and also being able to posed more naturally because of the flexible material. What's more amazing is how HT managed to match the paint job of the soft PVC perfectly with the plastic parts.

DSC02268.jpg

The only part that did not match well is the elbow area. It's rubber instead of PVC (because rubber is even more softer than PVC) and as you can see from the pic, the paint job doesn't match the rest. I guess with rubber being the main material, it will be impossible. Luckily, it's a very minor unnoticeable part and you can now bend the arms to 90 degrees while still hiding the joints.

DSC02263.jpg

DSC02280.jpg

Speaking of joints, all the joints are very well hidden and tight. Iron Man will have no trouble holding any pose standing or mid air. The knees are double jointed and as you all can see from numerous pics by now, he can do the ground pounding pose. Overall he is as articulated as a Predator.

One impressive gimmick with Iron Man is the light up eyes, reactor, and hands. Then way HT go about this while still being able to change heads and hands (we get three sets) are just amazing. Basically the peg at the neck post and arms are leds. It's such a simple and brilliant design. The leds are also very bright and will look impressive enough in any picture.

The drawback are the switches on both arms. It's really obvious and really the only thing that kills the illusion that this the real thing. HT could have come up with a better placement for the switch. The switch for the eyes and reactor are better hidden at the back inside one of the flaps. It is again quite obvious when you look at it from behind with the flap opened.

DSC02270.jpg

DSC02271.jpg

The flaps on the legs and back opens (once again movie accurate) and showing some impressive detailing, especially the leg section. HT even has different colour for each individual wire. When it comes to detail, no one can beat HT at their game.

DSC02272.jpg

Another gimmick is the arm missile. It's a minor but really cool addition. It is however missing the shoulder gun gimmick. It's all CGI in the movie and will be complicated but possible on this figure but I guess at this pricepoint, we are already getting more than what we are paying.

DSC02274.jpg

The RDJ head is spot on but not as impressive as BR Joker or TF. To me the problem is the choice of expression. Tony Stark was never that serious in the movie and I really can't remember him having such as expression. TDK Bale is a great sculpt but also suffers from the same problem of a dead serious expression that you can't find in the movie.

DSC02273.jpg

As you can see from this pic, the head looks very well proportion contary to earlier belief that the body might be to lean. With the RDJ head on, it looks believe enough to me that this is indeed a man wearing a form fitting armour.

DSC02275.jpg

In this pic, you can see that Iron Man is only slightly bigger and taller than Batman. I guess one might expect Iron Man to be much bigger than taller but looking at the DVD again, Iron Man isn't that tall or big. It's the comic Iron Man that's tall and big.

There are a few things to take note of. Maybe it is due to the nature of the paint job but it is quite impossible to find one that has the perfect paint job. There will be one or two minor really small smudges on the armour. It's especially more common on the PVC section. There are also some plastic scar where they cut the part from the runner. Most of them are really small or well hidden and basically unavoidable.

As a modeler myself, the only way to get rid of the scare is to sand it down, fill it with putty and then sand it again. It will be unrealistic to expect this level of personal attention on a mass produced figure.

The paint job so far is holding up well even after much posing and playing. It's hard to tell at this point whether it will last. But to me there is nothing wrong with a little wear and tear cause Iron Man in the movie is a little worn also.

There is also talk of the minor QC problem with the back leg flap, namely the right leg. It can't extend at high at the one on the left. The problem is really minor. Basically the factory workers (maybe rushing for Chinese New Year) installed one part upside down. From a quick check, it seems like an easy fix. We just need to remove that part and unflip it. I will attempt mine later cause it's quite a tight fit and you do not want to force it.

If you don't want to fix it, well, it extends high enough anyway and doesn't really need that extra range that the left leg have. As far as I know, this problem plague all first batch Iron Man. Who knows, maybe HT will issue a replacement part like their did with some Lost predator who got the wrong colour joints for the hands.

The stand is the typical HT stand with minor changes. The 'claw' section is a lot more narrower and will fit between the crotch instead. This is a really clever way of securing the figure without scratching the paint job inside the thigh.

Overall, this figure more than live up to the expectation despite the really minor QC problem that doesn't actually detracts from the figure in any way.

DSC02261.jpg

It's only the beginning of the year and there is already a strong contender for the figure of the year. Honestly, the only line that might even stand a chance is the upcoming Terminator line. A few Endo should give Iron Man a run for the money.

Just got my Mark III, freaking awesome!!!

2301099.jpg

23010914.jpg

23010923.jpg

23010926.jpg

23010933.jpg

23010934.jpg

23010931.jpg

23010928.jpg

23010938.jpg

23010939.jpg

In shelf

Months of waiting, just imagine when I got him

Sorry for the delay, I was busy writing a review for Enterbay Fist of Fury Bruce Lee.

Anyway, as promised more and better pics. Sorry it is still not up to the expected quality here. There is only so much I can do with a 2.0 megapixel phone camera.

Civil War

DSC02284.jpg

DSC02285.jpg

DSC02288.jpg

DSC02291.jpg

DSC02290.jpg

DSC02295.jpg

DSC02298.jpg

DSC02310.jpg

The unmasking

DSC02301.jpg

Sadly I do not have a Peter Parker head to complete the picture but as you can see, Spidey is perfectly scaled with Iron Man. This Spiderman is one of the more underrated figure by Medicom. Yes the colour is not accurate but it's suprisingly poseable, the joints are tight, the body durable, and the tailoring is excellent/

Well, he finally flew in and here are my two cents.

He is a great deal more delicate than I expected and I would advise the most extreme care when moving this guy around!!

I almost had a migraine from the extreme smell straight from the box too. The plastic used is quite pungent from the off, but will air out/pretty much has already.

One of my worries was the changing of hands over the LEDS. Luckily they are VERY easy to change and the pegs seem nicely robust. No worries here.

I had to rearrange the batteris in one arm and to get all three back in was very tiresome as the spring is strong. Also, the missiles in his arm are delicate and at first I thought they were glued in backwards. Thankfully not, just be careful when flipping them out.

It may seem like I am bashing this fig, by no means at all. This thing is marvellous. A fantastically detailed and functional figure. These are very quick thoughts and pics as I am knackered after workies!

100_2124.jpg

100_2141.jpg

100_2147.jpg

100_2145.jpg

This is my quick attempt at the pose. The articulation for this figure is amazing. I mentioned in my review earlier than this is about as articulated as a predator but after much playtime with it, I dare say it's more articulated than a predator. Best of all, all the joints are really tight and hold any poses you want.

DSC02368.jpg

Back