Would you buy a 1/4 fig, GG Maquette or statue of Grievous Magna Guards?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheWitchKing

Super Freak
Reaction score
Would you buy a 1/4 fig, GG Maquette or statue of Grievous's Magna Guards?

Just a thought, wondered if anyone would give in. Since Sideshow and Attakus have announced their Grievous statue/figure, what do you think of a guard to go with it? It would be pretty cool if Gentle Giant made their own as well especially the one for the clone wars. I myself would buy two being more affordable to go with the recently released General Grievous Cartoon Maquette. The Magna Guards afterall have beaten clones and the Emperors red royal guards in the books. Worthy fighting machines to take even the jedis. Thoughts?

Magnadroids.jpg

I would definitely be game for GG CW maquette version and SS 1/4 PF edition as well.

TheWitchKing said:
Just a thought, wondered if anyone would give in. Since Sideshow and Attakus have announced their Grievous statue/figure, what do you think of a guard to go with it? It would be pretty cool if Gentle Giant made their own as well especially the one for the clone wars. I myself would buy two being more affordable to go with the recently released General Grievous Cartoon Maquette. The Magna Guards afterall have beaten clones and the Emperors red royal guards in the books. Worthy fighting machines to take even the jedis. Thoughts?

Magnadroids.jpg

To me this just screams out for the SS 1/4 PF treatment.....only problem being you'd have to buy two, one for either side of 1/4 PF Grievous :rock :rock :rock

pitchin said:
To me this just screams out for the SS 1/4 PF treatment.....only problem being you'd have to buy two, one for either side of 1/4 PF Grievous :rock :rock :rock

What if the "problem" were solved by:
Buy 1, get the second at 40% off!

Would ya' hit it? :duff

oxbeard said:
I would definitely be game for GG CW maquette version and SS 1/4 PF edition as well.

Ditto. I would also pick up 2 of them as CW maquettes and possibly 2 1/4's depending on pose and what the exclusive was.

1/4 PFers? Of THESE guys? At about $300-400 a pop? And you guys are talkin' bout double downing on them? :confused:

PASS!!!

Geez, I wish I had your kind of dough! :horror

At that price, I want major, iconic figures from the Star Wars films!

please.... :wacky

I'd be seriously tempted, but there are many variables for me:

1. SPACE! Grievous is gonna be damn BIG! 2 of these in addition!!! That is a whole shelf!

2. Pose/Sculpt - These aren't really a "must have" for me, but if the pose was good...... :wacky
And they should have 2 different poses, or make them posable.

3. Cost - 1 is bad enough, but having to buy 2 is a chunk o' change!

I'd rather see other more important characters made first overall though.

JS :wave

I am just waiting for any new Star Wars 1/4 announcement. It has been forever!

Last edited:
What? You have not heard, Star Wars license dead. no more PF's just Hasbro 3.25 inchers.... :p
I agree we need some PF announcements...

man you guys must have some serious cash to be talking about buying two of these guards. they need to come out with some other key characters from the movies before they start moving to the secondary characters.

here's the list of PF's that im hoping for next
1.Jedi Luke (I know he already has one but come on its LUKE)
2.Mace Windu (yeah, BMF!!)
3.Boba Fett :banana :banana

I'm sorry,guys but I just don't think you will see these guards in the PF format... EVER.

Let's page forward a couple of years... after Sideshow has rolled out their 12" line (with 20-30 figures) and the PFs number in the double digits with main characters from all episodes of the saga. Do you REALLY think ANYBODY is going to space on their shelf OR on their credit credit for something like this?

In regards to the PF, Sideshow is always going to have a bigger fish to fry. In fact, I'd be surprised if the line ever makes a secondary character from the saga. I just don't see them taking the gamble.

I'd argue that Grevious is something of a secondary character - a cool one, but certainly not as important as the other characters that have been confirmed.

But Maul is also a secondary character and I'm sure we'll see him as a PF too.

Well I wasnt just referring to Sideshow. What about Attakus, Gentle Giant, etc etc. I do agree with the doubt of SS taking the Magna Guard for sure. Although I can see Attakus and Gentle Giant making them.

Darklord Dave said:
I'd argue that Grevious is something of a secondary character - a cool one, but certainly not as important as the other characters that have been confirmed.

But Maul is also a secondary character and I'm sure we'll see him as a PF too.

Heck, I'm COUNTING on seeing Maul in the PF format.

Maul... a SECONDARY character? Hmmm. News to me. That goes double for Grevious. Any character who has a protracted duel with a one of our Jedi heroes can't be considered a minor character. ANY characters that are important to the story arc of the saga (Maul kills Qui-Gon for pete's sake) I don't consider a minor character. and perhaps worthy of PF treatment.

Maybe I should have used the term "minor" character rather than secondary to avoid confusion.

The Magna Guards are just fodder for lightsabers. They are merely background characters such as Ugnaughts, Jawas and Tusken Raiders and... Lobot.

Protozaius said:
Heck, I'm COUNTING on seeing Maul in the PF format.

Maul... a SECONDARY character? Hmmm. News to me. That goes double for Grevious. Any character who has a protracted duel with a one of our Jedi heroes can't be considered a minor character. ANY characters that are important to the story arc of the saga (Maul kills Qui-Gon for pete's sake) I don't consider a minor character. and perhaps worthy of PF treatment.

Maybe I should have used the term "minor" character rather than secondary to avoid confusion.

The Magna Guards are just fodder for lightsabers. They are merely background characters such as Ugnaughts, Jawas and Tusken Raiders and... Lobot.
Yes SIR Maul Is Not a MINOR Character............You are right!!!

Protozaius said:

With that definition, I guess we won't be seeing any of the trooper variations we were discussing as PF possibilities a while back either. :horror

Of course, I am one of the few who thinks a PF Tusken Raider would absolutely kick butt!!! :rock :rock :rock

Back