Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mrichards2002

Default Does Anyone know where I can get a GG Clone Wars Obi Wan?

Hi Everyone,

The title says it all. My cat knocked over my Obi and I need a new one. If anyone has one at a reasonable price, drop me an email at [email protected].

Thanks,
    Mike

JSAuctionService
    Bad kitty! :curse :rage :hang :x

Oxbeard
    I feel for you Mike. Can't help but I hope someone around here can.

LOTR Fan

jdonoho
    I don't know of anywhere cheaper than Ebay I'm afraid.

mrichards2002
    Thanks everyone. I figured as much. Time to get killed looking for one of these on Ebay.

^%%&%&^&(*&#[email protected]# Cat !!!!

Bad Kitty.

He's been pretty good. This was his first victim. He seems to stay away from the LOTR stuff. My friend told me because of the smell of the Polystone. His cat stays away from his collection too. I've never heard of such a thing.

Thanks,
    Mike

jdonoho
    I think the Attakus Jabba was the worst/strongest smelling statue I've ever had...which is suiting I guess.

Ebay isn't too bad right now at ~$120...it's been higher! But yeah...it kills when you've already owned it for retail or less along with the fact that it's a replacement and nothing new.

mrichards2002
    LOL. Tell me about it. But I need one so I will pay.

%^$^%#*^$#@ Cat !!!

Mike

elwood49
    Mike, I have good news that may be able to help you if the lightsaber blade is the broken part. As well documented in one of my posts a few months ago, a comic store employee broke my Obi-Wan CW Maquette's lightsaber blade off when he boxed it up for me to take home. After searching for a replacement, yesterday I fired off an e-mail to GG themselves at [email protected]. Apparently this is a widespread problem so they made a bunch of replacements. They wrote me back today:

Dear Matt,

Thank you for your email.

Yes, we do have replacement lightsaber blades for the Clone Wars Obi-Wan maquette. We will send out a replacement piece today to the address below.

Sincerely,
    Gentle Giant Customer Service

Now to figure out how to get the broken piece out of the hole, and remove the super-glue that I had holding the lightsaber on. It looks 100% perfect now, but it feels better to know that I can put Obi back in his box if need be.

Oxbeard
    That is outstanding elwood!! I don't know why I didn't think of that. Gentle Giant has excellent customer service. They were very helpful replacing a COA for my Padme maquette which was shipped without one.