Ledger as Joker autograph - real or fake - ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
mmh... Don't know if this is the right place... For me it is. :lol

I am looking for THE ultimate TDK collectible: a real Heath Ledger autograph signed on a Joker pic. :horror This would be the absolute grail of my whole colection and would look really nice next to my HT TDK figures...:naughty

BUT: Have you recognized, that almost every autograph - even with CEO - does look different. Let's be honest, NO actor changes his writing style. The autographs look pretty identical even over years. So why did Ledger's handwriting changed a dozen times on the Jokerpics? Simple answer: almost all of them even the ones with CEO must be fakes.

How can we seperate the truth from fake? Are there any trustful CEOs out there? Does anybody have an autograph that Ledger had definitly signed (best would be if you stood next to Ledger while he signed)...

As always, help would be appreciated. Maybe we can collect a few autographs by Ledger that are definitly no fakes to have a possibility to compare our items before purchasing them...

:)

Well I can definitely help you in one way to narrow down alot of the fakes...

At the time of his death, there was only 1 possible photo of him out there as the Joker to sign:

The Original Leak:
heath-ledger-the-joker-2.jpg

If there's a Ledger auto on a Joker pic that isn't that, then it's fake...

At the time of his death, there was only 1 possible photo of him out there as the Joker to sign:

The Original Leak:

I have no idea about any of this so I'm probably wrong but wouldn't he have had access to a lot and maybe done them but not shown them ?.

I am so paranoid about autographs and their authenticity. Unless I can get on in person, then I'll pass. There's just WAY TOO MANY frauds out there. That's just my opinion.

But good luck on the search. I haven't the slightest clue about this one.

Well heres the thing....a lot of people were pretty skeptical about Ledger, even when that pic came out. It wasnt until December 14th when I Am Legend came out that people really started to get on the hype train. Ledger died on January 22, so that was what...39 days before his death? I dont think he was out hanging with the fans. So, i'm going on a hunch saying that no, there is no Ledger Joker autograph.

The Original Leak:

There was a lot more then that. A ton of leaked photos, but nothing big, or autograph worthy.

There was a lot more then that. A ton of leaked photos, but nothing big, or autograph worthy.

That's what I'm refering to... Actual Photo's...

Alot of these fake auto's you see are of Joker pics that came out months and months after he died.

And I saw one "real" auto on the picture I posted before... But it was selling for like $500

Heath's auto was very simple. It's a "H" that almost looks like a "star" and a few waves.

I have no idea about any of this so I'm probably wrong but wouldn't he have had access to a lot and maybe done them but not shown them ?.

Ofcourse...

But nothing that was released to the public for them to get him to sign...

i agree, just like athletes that receive items to autograph, they get the pictures before released to the public, and then released. but i am not sure if actors receive items in the same context because i dont think autos from actors are moved through big companies. if i were you, i would just look at the sellers feedback cause i assuming yur refering to ebay auctions. tough subject to comment on in the fact that heath passed not too long after production of the film.

wasn't the Why So Serious poster also released before his death?

Yes it was... But it was almost impossible to get your hands on.

Let alone get close with Heath with to get him to sign it. It is possible that he signed some, but I'd be very wary of buying that item...

i agree, just like athletes that receive items to autograph, they get the pictures before released to the public, and then released. but i am not sure if actors receive items in the same context because i dont think autos from actors are moved through big companies. if i were you, i would just look at the sellers feedback cause i assuming yur refering to ebay auctions. tough subject to comment on in the fact that heath passed not too long after production of the film.

Yeah, considering the role, the method acting involved, and the secrecy around the film... I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Heath was not signing private photo's in December and January... As I'm sure he planned on signing many many auto's of joker pics, but never got the chance to. :(

I agree.
If you think about it.

He died on the 22nd of January 2008.
He had completed his parts on The Dark Knight in October 2007.
And then he must have gone straight on to The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.
Heath was half way through working on The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus when he died.
The Dark Knight wasnt released until July 2008, six months after Ledger's death.
I've just done a small search and I think the first trailers for The Dark Knight were released around Feb/March 2008? Maybe even January after Heath's death.
So I think Knowledge is right in saying there were only one or maybe even two pictures released of the Joker when Heath died.
I think, if I were you KingGrayskull, I'd go ahead and give up.
I'm sure if there's anybody in the world who has a picture of Heath as the Joker, signed by Heath himself... It would most likely be Nolan or someone like that.
And I haven't checked, but I'm sure there's a few ''Original autographed by HEATH LEDGER..blah blah blah'' stuff out there on Ebay and such, But I wouldn't even think about going near any of that.
You're gonna have people popping up saying they have stuff signed by Heath, but if you go and work it all out (dates, filming, and his death), there's a very, very slim chance you're gonna find someone who actually found an early (very early) picture of Heath as the Joker and printed it off, found Heath, and got him to sign it... and if they did, would they really be willing to sell it for any price?
I certainly wouldn't!

...I hope I made sense there!? Haha I'm a tad tired.

Last edited:
First trailer, released...well, techincly at Wizard World or whatever the hell its called, in july or something, but the first REAL trailer was released December 14th.

I thought we had a board member who bought a Why So Serious poster signed by Heath right before his death....I remember something about it in his death thread here....too lazy too look. Lets put it this way, did he sign stuff probably because a lot of the studios plan Charity things and stuff waaay in advance so they could have gotten his John Hancock before hand but you'll pay through the nose for it. Anything that seems like a bargain is probably inkstamped on there.

I'm in the same boat man, i REALLY want a signed Heath poster or framed somethingorrather, but every single one out there is fake, no question at all. It's like, amazingly, every damn joker or dark knight thing out there has his autograph on it :rolleyes: And as said, before his death, there werent all these joker pics scrawled everywhere for people to see, it was very secretive. They DO do promo stuff etc, like you see those '30 limited' things etc all signed by an actor in the film etc, that they do, and then save for release to sell/auction/give them away, but no way have we got like 500 each, of every different design and all the crap thats floating about. Anothing interesting thing is that, Heath, i dont believe was ever much of a signer at all. He was filming something here, i believe in Qld i think, few years back, and a chick i know happened to be working on set one day, when Heath was shooting (she's a makeup artist) and anyhoo, she got a hug from him, a little chat, the usual 'i love your work etc' and a photo with him someone else with a camera snapped for her, and when she asked for his autograph, as she put it, 'he just kind of, plainly, bluntly, refused'. He wouldnt give her one. She didnt push the point or anything. I dont know if Heath assumed she wanted to sell it, or something, no idea she said, but he wouldnt give her one. Strange, back to the posters etc, i dont think i'll ever get one, out of 100, 99 wouldnt be legit, which is sad.

I agree.
If you think about it.

He died on the 22nd of January 2008.
He had completed his parts on The Dark Knight in October 2007.
And then he must have gone straight on to The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.
Heath was half way through working on The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus when he died.
The Dark Knight wasnt released until July 2008, six months after Ledger's death.
I've just done a small search and I think the first trailers for The Dark Knight were released around Feb/March 2008? Maybe even January after Heath's death.
So I think Knowledge is right in saying there were only one or maybe even two pictures released of the Joker when Heath died.
I think, if I were you KingGrayskull, I'd go ahead and give up.
I'm sure if there's anybody in the world who has a picture of Heath as the Joker, signed by Heath himself... It would most likely be Nolan or someone like that.
And I haven't checked, but I'm sure there's a few ''Original autographed by HEATH LEDGER..blah blah blah'' stuff out there on Ebay and such, But I wouldn't even think about going near any of that.
You're gonna have people popping up saying they have stuff signed by Heath, but if you go and work it all out (dates, filming, and his death), there's a very, very slim chance you're gonna find someone who actually found an early (very early) picture of Heath as the Joker and printed it off, found Heath, and got him to sign it... and if they did, would they really be willing to sell it for any price?
I certainly wouldn't!

...I hope I made sense there!? Haha I'm a tad tired.

You absolutly nailed the problem... I think I have to call Chris and ask him if he has maybe an extraautograph... :lol

Have there been ever any authorizised framed autographs in limited quantity? I always thought those were fake too... :dunno

*LOL* on ioffer.com is a guy who offers 2 authentic autographs which look completly different... :monkey1:monkey4

To be faire, personally, there is no way I would EVER be happy with a signed autograph unless I had it signed in person....which really is what it is all about, no? To have a memory of meeting someone famous by having them put their sign, (or message if lucky), on a pic just for you.

I see no point in shelling out mega bucks for pen on paper.

Know this does not help, but just my two cents.

There was quite a bit of material out prior to his death in late January, including two or three official posters that I know of (the WSS poster with the Joker on it and the WSS brick wall poster with the bat symbol). The brick wall poster was the very first one released, officially. These were easy to get, and not "impossible."

And I do have one signed that I got late last year (2007), which is the one The Mike is referring to. :)

Last edited:
Back