Chewbacca?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Memnoch

Lt. Vulture
Reaction score
Ok so seeing HT is now doing real hair on the Apes figures, I'm starting to bet this special relationship between HT and SS is going to lead to our real fur Chewbacca. SS has always said it would be real hair or nothing, Dusty said HT is doing the figures in association with SS .. I predict that by SDCC 2010 (really not that long away in the retail/production world) we may be looking at our real hair Chewbacca! Anyone else as excited as I am? :lol

PS - I did a search for recent chewie threads and noticed the search said "Searching Star Wars and child forums". Kinda funny. heh heh

Personally I would prefer a Chewie PF, even if the fur is sculpted. But a 12" figure if done right and with real hair might be too good to pass up.

Personally I would prefer a Chewie PF, even if the fur is sculpted. But a 12" figure if done right and with real hair might be too good to pass up.

Take a look at the Apes thread, that is hair done right. Im actually kind of shocked.

I would love a real fur chewbacca..............of all 1/6th figures that need real hair verses sculpted this would be it. bring it HT !!!!

3POTA_GorillaSoldier.jpg

Yes Virginia, there WILL be a Chewbacca figure. I have a feeling the Vader body will be modified and used for the walking carpet. As long as I get an ANH Version first, I really don't care.

Its one thing to get fur looking right for photography. Its another thing delivering it that way and keeping it that good.

This is going to be a collector's nightmare to keep it looking nice.

I would be super happy with a 1:6 scale chewie this year. A 1:4 would be too large for my little collector room...!

I hope SS knows how important releasing a Chewie and droids are; the SS collecton is incomplete without them...!

After seeing the Hot Toys POTA figures, I've no doubt they will at the very least help SST engineer the 1/6 Chewie.
Next year for sure.

Hopefully Sideshow completely hands over the reigns for Chewie and the droids.

Back