"I am not happy with this" poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The biggest disappointment of 2008

• Bruce Lee PF

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • Moria Orc pF

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Galadriel PF

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Jurassic Park Diorama

• Namor Comiquette

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Irom Man Mark I

• Gandalf the White PF

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Aragorn PF

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

bearmodel

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm only putting up the 2008 pieces that I think people were not happy with according to the posts on the forum. Which one was the biggest disappointment?

The candidates are:

Moria Orc
Jurassic Park Dio
Bruce Lee
Galadriel PF
Aragorn PF
IM Mark 1
Classic Iron Man
Namor

Last edited:
JP's dio problem was the sloppy paint job and questionable pose. The price didn't help either. Plus we waited so long for the first piece, got a dio instead of a maquette, and then got no pieces afterward.

JP's dio problem was the sloppy paint job and questionable pose. The price didn't help either. Plus we waited so long for the first piece, got a dio instead of a maquette, and then got no pieces afterward.
Oh I see. I had not been following it since I hadn't ordered it. Good to know. Thank you.

My biggest disappointment from Sideshow ANY year was the AH! Black Queen. Don't get me wrong, she looks great, but I am a huge X fan and I have been asking for a Sideshow Jean Grey/Phoenix for years.

Last edited:
Without a doubt, my biggest disappointment from Sideshow ANY year was the AH! Black Queen. Don't get me wrong, she looks great, but I am a huge X fan and I have been asking for a Sideshow Jean Grey/Phoenix for years. To release her as the Black Queen, as a companion piece to White Queen, really disappointed me and alot of other fans. There was alot of discussion about this before the discussion was sarcastically shut down.

One positive aspect of Sideshow's BQ choice, it got me interested in Bowen and I have now started a Bowen X collection that began with the Bowen FS Phoenix. :naughty

The Bowen X-Men statues are pretty nice. I don't think you will be disappointed. I really like the Jim Lee X-Men style beast. :rock

My biggest disappointment was that the 12" Vader was actually put up for preorder. It was always a joy to pop into the Star Wars forum before and after an announcement and everybody would be over-analyzing clues given and somehow make it work in their heads that they'd be getting a Vader when, in fact, they would be treated to some background character or yet another Obi-Wan. :lol

I think a lot of disappointment from fans comes from simply not getting what they wanted. This happened with the Black Queen, JP Dio, and Abomination. All 3 statues are viewed as pieces that could have been something else more desirable.

We have to realize that SSC is a company that likes to make pieces of background characters.

My biggest disappointment was that the 12" Vader was actually put up for preorder. It was always a joy to pop into the Star Wars forum before and after an announcement and everybody would be over-analyzing clues given and somehow make it work in their heads that they'd be getting a Vader when, in fact, they would be treated to some background character or yet another Obi-Wan. :lol

must...have...more...Obi...wan. :google

Back