"2001: A Space Odyssey"... How about it, HT?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyAndFight

©Fly, All rights reserved
CF Supporter
Reaction score
After obtaining the 2 amazing astronaut figures, Dallas and Kane from "Alien", I only wish that Hot Toys would pick up the license for "2001: A Space Odyssey" and release at least the 3 different colored space suits:

Red: Commander David Bowman
Yellow: Dr. Frank Poole
Silver: Dr. Heywood Floyd

HT can even use the SS Hobbit figure to do a "Moon Watcher" apeman,

Finally, they can release the following large items:

-Pod (with lighted interior, of course.)

-Monolith (not much to this one...)

I'd definitely be in for all of the above.

Any other 2001 fans?

After obtaining the 2 amazing astronaut figures, Dallas and Kane from "Alien", I only wish that Hot Toys would pick up the license for "2001: A Space Odyssey" and release at least the 3 different colored space suits:

Red: Commander David Bowman
Yellow: Dr. Frank Poole
Silver: Dr. Heywood Floyd

HT can even use the SS Hobbit figure to do a "Moon Watcher" apeman,

Finally, they can release the following large items:

-Pod (with lighted interior, of course.)

-Monolith (not much to this one...)

I'd definitely be in for all of the above.

Any other 2001 fans?

IN!

Especially after not being able to get the TwinchSquad figures. Glad I didn't though, after that fiasco. And I came 'this close' to dropping nearly $600 in the year 2001 for the 3 suits (yellow, red, silver).

Funny thing is, now that the 1/6 game has changed, these suits look a bit 'Hasbro-ish' to me now. But back in the day, they were AMAZING! They're still pretty kickass (at least the backpacks and helmets)...but I'd rather have HT 1/6 and SS PF! :banana

I was fortunate enough not to have been caught in the Twinch Squad fiasco as well.

I just posted on the Hot Toys forum's "Wish List" section so I'm hoping that they listen...

2001 is one of those films, while a good film, is really not one I feel the need to have action figures from. Now, if there were perhaps a 1:1 HAL to hang on my wall to freak people out, I may be for it.

CaptCardboard has mentioned that some company claims to have rights
and even plans to produce figures. That was what maybe a year ago now...

I was burned for $300- a red and a yellow suit. I would love for a reputable company to do it, even if in some ways it would remind me of that bad memory.

I mentioned this in a thread in the customs section, that I know a sculptor who has been commisioned to do licensed portraits of Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood. All that they would tell me is that all will be revealed at NYCC. This sculpting studio works for several different companies so I'm not sure who it might be, although it may be safe to rule out Tonner.

I mentioned this in a thread in the customs section, that I know a sculptor who has been commisioned to do licensed portraits of Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood. All that they would tell me is that all will be revealed at NYCC. This sculpting studio works for several different companies so I'm not sure who it might be, although it may be safe to rule out Tonner.

This is freakin' FANTASTIC news!!! :rock :rock :rock

When is the NYCC taking place?

Well if I hope whoever gets it (if it ever happens) does the figures justice. But man-oh-man, would I be thrilled with a line of figures from Kubrick films :rock

And I'm not into statues, but I'd buy one of this:

normal_dr_strangelove01.jpg

Back