Adam Hughes Loves Indiana Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarthSaffron

Super Freak
Reaction score
...and it shows.

card art for a Topps Indiana Jones trading card. This set is the current one that is available.

This next one is from the same card set. Topps asked Adam to produce the artwork for their foil enhanced 6 piece puzzle card. Thing is, he had to draw it actual size, as the piece was then cut into 6 trading card sized images and randomly inserted into pack for collectors to find. So this is hand drawn and colored, and is 7.5 inches across and 7 inches tall.

ahindypuzzlewebxa1.jpg

I love that Fortune & Glory poster.

So this is an original piece of art cut up and inserted in the collection so 6 different people will get the cards?

I'm so glad I'm not a card collector.

I love that Fortune & Glory poster.

So this is an original piece of art cut up and inserted in the collection so 6 different people will get the cards?

I'm so glad I'm not a card collector.

one of them was already on ebay; sold for $2000

Thats cool looking but the card thing kind of sucks. So pretty much nobody will ever get all 6.

Amazing work. I don't collect cards either, but these Indy cards sure are breathtaking. :rock :rock

Thats cool looking but the card thing kind of sucks. So pretty much nobody will ever get all 6.

hey its not MY idea; I think it sucks to cut any original piece of art into 6 pieces. But its one of the Topps incentives....

You could also view it as, rather than no one getting all 6; instead of just one person getting a free piece of AH! art; 6 can.

You could also view it as, rather than no one getting all 6; instead of just one person getting a free piece of AH! art; 6 can.

I'll take a free piece of AH! art! :monkey3

Both of those are great. Has he done any more Indy work for himself?

I'll take a free piece of AH! art! :monkey3

Both of those are great. Has he done any more Indy work for himself?

Adam hasn't drawn" for himself" in about 6 years. Its not a hobby; its a job for him. And he has so much work waiting in the wings, that to draw for something other than an assignment just isn't practical.

Adam's artistic "for himself" activity is customizing 1:6 figures. I keep trying to get him to post some of them on his Deviant Art page.

Adam hasn't drawn" for himself" in about 6 years. Its not a hobby; its a job for him. And he has so much work waiting in the wings, that to draw for something other than an assignment just isn't practical.

Adam's artistic "for himself" activity is customizing 1:6 figures. I keep trying to get him to post some of them on his Deviant Art page.

I can understand that. I never seem to have time to create for myself. Maybe if I didn't spend so much time here.

Exactly what I was thinking. I would love to know what's going on there in Sweden :lol
Adam was inspired by a new Indiana Jones Adventure as depicted in a Dark Horse Graphic Novel. The blonde and Sweden are from that story.
You can see Dark Horse's listing for it here.
15020.jpg

Back