Mugs from the Prancing Pony?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest, before we knew Merry and Pippin were not coming, I was playing around with mass producing these by hollowing out wood spools and skimming the outer sides then painting them in silver. I actually achieved a good looking cup. The killer was that I couldn't figure out how to make and subsequently attach a handle because wood pieces glued together at that size just didn't hold together.

Someone with sculpting skills would blow mine out of the water.

How about a small barrel of "long bottom leaf"?

fg_alexisbledell_bcbg-2-1.jpg

The mugs are a fun idea but I'm not so sure about the barrel. Ideas for other accessories besides the dragon firework, pipes, and swords/scabbards?

How big would the barrel have to be to be 1/6? Also, I need pics of the mugs and pints used in the movie. I can't play my movies at the moment to find them.

There's a place near me, a hole in the wall store, that sells all kinds of minatures and craft things. I plan on going there when the weather clears up a bit to scope out things that we can use. If there's anything at all you might need or want, let me know. I'm sometimes shocked at what I can find in this store.

How big would the barrel have to be to be 1/6? Also, I need pics of the mugs and pints used in the movie. I can't play my movies at the moment to find them.

There's a place near me, a hole in the wall store, that sells all kinds of minatures and craft things. I plan on going there when the weather clears up a bit to scope out things that we can use. If there's anything at all you might need or want, let me know. I'm sometimes shocked at what I can find in this store.

See if you can find me a good 1/6 walking staff for my Bilbo, Ween. :)

See if you can find me a good 1/6 walking staff for my Bilbo, Ween. :)

Tell me how long you think it should be, and I'll gladly look. Hopefully I'll get over there soon but the wind chill here has been -20 below or so and I'm not going far in it. Brrrrr!

Tell me how long you think it should be, and I'll gladly look. Hopefully I'll get over there soon but the wind chill here has been -20 below or so and I'm not going far in it. Brrrrr!

The staff should stand no more than 9" tall give or take an inch, and thin enough to fit in his hand. All length, no girth. :)

Anyone got pics of the bilbo staff? If its pretty much just a stick, I can make one from a dowell rod.

So a little bit of squiggly wonkawonk going on, but no really specific detail...its pretty thin and about nose high.

Will be hard to make the cracks on something so thin, but probably just take a dowell and score it vertically with an exacto knife. Then hit it with black wash to fill the cracks, follow with a nice clearcoat to make it shiny.

Back