Ultimate Quarter Scale Indiana Jones review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm giving this it's own thread, since the title on the other one isn't the most descriptive....

With Sideshow’s 12” Indy and their PF Indy both hitting in recent weeks, it’s pretty hard for any lower cost Indiana Jones collectible figure to edge in there right now. On top of that, from the early photos I’d seen of Diamond Select’s new Ultimate Quarter Scale Indy figure, I wasn’t holding my breath. But DST sent one over, and I have to say I’m very pleasantly surprised. It still has some issues, and if you have the cash to spend, it’s not going to rival SS’s PF. But it also has an very good costume, a much better head sculpt than I expected, and the underlying body is a true action figure, rather than a rotocast limited articulation statue. I'm betting this will end up being a controversial review until people get these in hand, because it seems like folks want him to suck. This is DST after all, a company that's gotten its share of flack in the last year or two, and they didn't really do themselves a lot of good with the official photos or the pose they had him in at SDCC. But after getting it in hand, this one has me looking forward to the Maul and Hoth Han due out later a whole lot more.

You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Uh...what did I do to deserve such a blessing? Hey, I'm the guy trying to get my wife to use the Mezco Angel of Death figure as our tree topper this year!

Good review, Michael.

After seeing them in person at SDCC, these figures really are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

The Old Ben Kenobi was especially impressive. I think he will be the best in the initial series.

Good review... he's actually a lot better looking than previous pictures would have suggested. But no bag? That's just wrong.

He looks like he would have been a great figure if made about 5 years ago... a bit too toyish now, but still a solid 1/4 figure.

I remember really wanting to get the Bruce Lee figure they released years ago (same body I think), but it jumped in price and never got around to it. Now, its not really something I'd need, but I remember being really impressed by it.

As a collectible it's certainly nothing special, but as a toy I think it's pretty damn cool. If I had found that under the Christmas tree as a kid I would've crapped myself. The packaging looks like right out of the Hasbro line.

Not getting this but you piqued my interest with future releases. Damn you Mr. Crawford, just damn you!!

NO SHOULDER BAG?

What's up with that? That's like forgetting to include a hat, or making the jacket black... oh, wait a minute... :)

Seriously though, that's a pretty big deal not to include. He even wore that bag when he didn't wear his jacket. They should have skipped the 2nd whip and the 2nd set of hands to offset the price for them to include that sachel.

Hmm...I am confused. So these aren't high end but they aren't for kids either so where do these "things" fall under? Collectors stepping up from the Hasbro stuff? This figure seems mediocre at best IMO.

The hat's still pretty stinky, but after reading the review (and that's a site whose POV I really respect) I'm pleasantly surprised. From the photos it looks like someone could do a re-paint on that head sculpt and get something very nice out of this figure.

And someone could use the hat for that quarter-scale Popeye Doyle custom we've all been dreamin' of!

Another great review Michael, and your pics are always great as well.

This figure certainly looks and sounds a bit better than first believed to be but, yeah, the lack of his bag and the atrocious hat really bring it down for me. I bet the hat could be made to look better with a little boiling water and reshaping, but no bag??? C'mon!

The hat may be able to be melted slightly at the brim to give it a better shape. As is, right now, it is terrible.

Well, if anyone could find a custom Raiders had for it and a satchel that figure wouldn't be to bad. I certainly wouldn't pay $70 for it....maybe $40.

Michael, please take no offense to this but do you need a proof reader? Spell check doesn't catch all the errors all the time. :lol

Thanks for the review Michael, but in these economic times there's no way of this earth that I'd shell out $70 for that... I'd even hesitate to spend half that.:monkey1

Back