Hot Toys - MMS 86 -The Spirit - THE OCTOPUS figure spec & hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
Hot Toys - MMS 86 -The Spirit - 1/6th scale THE OCTOPUS collectible figure

This 1/6th scale The Octopus collectible figure stands approximately 31cm tall features:

l Hot Toys 12-inch figure body with over 32 points of articulation
l Highly detailed sculpture head with authentic likeness of Samuel L. Jackson as THE OCTOPUS
l Dressed in his movie-accurate costume of Overcoat, Red shirt, Pants and Boots
l Removable Fur, Hat and Scarf, and non-removable Tiepin and Belt are among the accessories included
l The Octopus’s weapons includes:
n One powerful firearm – a combination of assault rifle and shotgun comes with removable shells and cartridge
n Two four-barreled shotguns
n Two Revolvers
l 12-inch figure stand with The Octopus nameplate

Artists:
Head Sculpt - Jung Mi Kim
Painting - JC.HONG

{Release date: Q2, 2009}

© 2008 THE SPIRIT, LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
"THE SPIRIT" Trademark is Owned by Will Eisner Studios, Inc. and Registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

1TheSpirit_TheOctopus.jpg

2TheSpirit_TheOctopus.jpg

3TheSpirit_TheOctopus.jpg

4TheSpirit_TheOctopus.jpg

5TheSpirit_TheOctopus.jpg

6TheSpirit_TheOctopus.jpg

7TheSpirit_TheOctopus.jpg

8TheSpirit_TheOctopus.jpg

9TheSpirit_TheOctopus.jpg

10TheSpirit_TheOctopus.jpg

Figure looks good but hands down that's the stupidest costume I've ever seen. Not a fan of the comic/movie and honestly both characters, this and the spirit are pretty weak imo.

I don't know if the movie will be any good, but I like the figure. It has a ton of detail. And I just realized he has the same runny mascara paint apps as the JC Hong Joker repaint.

Damn, all I want is that head sculpt!!!!!!!! :drool
I know some see it as wrong, but I hope someone recasts that head with fixed eyebrows. :drool

What's the deal with the guns in this film? Does Miller really think it makes them cooler to have multiple barrels and additional weapons strapped to each gun? :rotfl

Oh wow. Just give me like five versions of the head sculpt. With a repaint there would be so many customs to make. It's a perfect SLJ.

I don't know if the movie will be any good, but I like the figure. It has a ton of detail. And I just realized he has the same runny mascara paint apps as the JC Hong Joker repaint.

Its little octopus tenticals.

Not only will I be getting this but I'll be getting a few loose HS to make a Nick Fury and upgrade my Mace Windu...

Great work done on these figures, but I'm not interested in the Spirit or these characters. Thanks for the info though. The Samuel L. Jackson head will be good for some customs.

The best way to find out if a figure from Hot Toys is out yet is just to what the boards....they'll be a image thread begun with every snapshot. :lol

i don't actually care about the figure, i just want the head for nick fury.

anyone know if it is possible to buy a 1/6 scale eye patch or would i have to sculpt it myself?

Back