Hot Toys - MMS 85 - The Spirit - The SPIRIT figure spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
About the movie – THE SPIRIT:
Adapted from the legendary comic strip, WILL EISNER'S THE SPIRIT is a classic action-adventure-romance told by genre-twister Frank Miller (creator of 300 and SIN CITY.) It is the story of a former rookie cop who returns mysteriously from the dead as the SPIRIT (Gabriel Macht) to fight crime from the shadows of Central City. His arch-enemy, the OCTOPUS (Samuel L. Jackson) has a different mission: he's going to wipe out Spirit's beloved city as he pursues his own version of immortality. The Spirit tracks this cold-hearted killer from Central City's rundown warehouses, to the damp catacombs, to the windswept waterfront … all the while facing a bevy of beautiful women who either want to seduce, love or kill our masked crusader.

Please visit The Spirit movie official website for more information:
https://mycityscreams.com/

Hot Toys - MMS 85 - The Spirit - 1/6th scale The SPIRIT collectible figure

The SPIRIT stands approximately 31cm tall and features with highly articulated Hot Toys figure body with over 32 points of articulation. The masked avenger also features:

l Black shirt and pants
l Leather-like belt
l Trench coat
l Detailed head sculpt capturing the likeness of Gabriel Macht with non-removable mask
l The Spirit’s trademarked fedora
l Red tie
l Sneakers
l Handcuffs
l One powerful firearm – a combination of assault rifle and shotgun comes with removable shells and cartridge
l Alternative hands
l Figure display base featuring THE SPIRIT logo and nameplate

## NOTE: PRODUCT SHOWN IS NOT FINAL, PENDING LICENSOR APPROVAL ##

{Release date: Q2, 2009}

Artists:
Head Sculpt - Jung Mi Kim
Painting - JC.HONG

© 2008 THE SPIRIT, LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
"THE SPIRIT" Trademark is Owned by Will Eisner Studios, Inc. and Registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
1TheSpirit_TheSpirit.jpg

2TheSpirit_TheSpirit.jpg

3TheSpirit_TheSpirit.jpg

4TheSpirit_TheSpirit.jpg

5TheSpirit_TheSpirit.jpg

6TheSpirit_TheSpirit.jpg

7TheSpirit_TheSpirit.jpg

8TheSpirit_TheSpirit.jpg

9TheSpirit_TheSpirit.jpg

10TheSpirit_TheSpirit.jpg

Can always count on you for high res pics Wooks!! Thanks. I just got the newsletter and they pretty much confirmed a 2nd wave coming. Pretty sure it'll be one of the female characters.

Could soooo go for a good 1/6 Scarlett Johansson from this movie-
scarlett-johansson_spirit_l.jpg

It's accurate to the movie portrayal of the character, but with that black suit it just doesn't look 100% like the Spirit to me. But I wouldn't mind owning one.

Also like I said in the Octopus thread, the weapons in this film look retarded. Why have multiple guns strapped to each other? They don't even look cool that way. It worked in Aliens because it was a practical solution but Ripley didn't go overboard like this.

There are so many jokes I could make here. I must resist.

Yes, when I wrote that last sentence, I wasn't necessarily still innocently sticking to the subject of action figures. Especially if any of these women turn out to be smart, adventurous, have similar beliefs and... am I really saying all this? Man, I'm getting old.

The movie itself looks kind of cool. When I saw the teaser trailer, though, I thought, "lame." After seeing the last one, I'm thinking this film may be out there enough to see. Hopefully with enough box office interest to warrant figs of the women. I even think they might out sell the gents!

The Women would sell well although they seem to be perfect additions to the "Hot Angels" line like Machiko than anything else....especially Plaster of Paris.

From what I found the rumors are that the next wave will include Denny Colt as the Rookie cop which will just have a Gabriel Macht sculpt sans mask. Which the sculpt here looks good but only slightly resembles Macht:

spirit-gabriel-macht.jpg

2388243210_b81dcbc6ff.jpg

Sand Sarif which would give us an Eva Mendes figure and an alternative Octopus in his white uniform:

20080422-bq6beftftuiu7ma6uiuxm3jba3.jpg

The Octopus goes through so many variations that he'll be the possible "Joker" of this line and it looks like other than Sand Sarif many people are not hopeful of more females. Although Silken Floss (Scarlett Johansson) seems like a no brainer.

Again all of this is rumor and conjecture and probably predicted using HT's formula of v2 statuses but take it for what you will...

that and the whole black and red thing going on.

The black suit isn't accurate to the source material, however. The Spirit always wore a blue suit, blue mask, blue gloves, blue hat, and white shirt (with the red tie). And the characters of The Shadow and The Spirit are completely different: different origins, different backgrounds, different methods of operation, etc.
Of course, Frank Miller appears to have completely disregarded Will Eisner's work to give us HIS take on the character. I'm really kinda dreading this movie, as anyone unfamiliar with the character will be given an inaccurate
interpretation.
There WAS a previous Spirit film produced 20-odd years ago: ABC-TV broadcast a TV-movie version back in 1987 or so. The title character was portrayed by Sam Jones (of "Flash Gordon" fame), and he at least *looked* the part:

vlcsnap-60294-741054.png

The Women would sell well although they seem to be perfect additions to the "Hot Angels" line like Machiko than anything else....especially Plaster of Paris.

From what I found the rumors are that the next wave will include Denny Colt as the Rookie cop which will just have a Gabriel Macht sculpt sans mask. Which the sculpt here looks good but only slightly resembles Macht:

spirit-gabriel-macht.jpg

2388243210_b81dcbc6ff.jpg

Sand Sarif which would give us an Eva Mendes figure and an alternative Octopus in his white uniform:

20080422-bq6beftftuiu7ma6uiuxm3jba3.jpg

The Octopus goes through so many variations that he'll be the possible "Joker" of this line and it looks like other than Sand Sarif many people are not hopeful of more females. Although Silken Floss (Scarlett Johansson) seems like a no brainer.

Again all of this is rumor and conjecture and probably predicted using HT's formula of v2 statuses but take it for what you will...

I really hope that Denny Colt isn't correct. That would be like releasing Bruce Wayne, and they haven't done that. All the women in this film, I'd love for them to tackle them - Scarlett, Eva, Jaime King, Sarah Paulsen - any and all would be welcome. Have they done any female besides Ripley and Machinko in the movie masterpiece line?

Back