1st Playstation 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmlsuperman

Caped Wonder Stuns City!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok all, so my DVD upconverter died the other day, I was on the fence about getting a PS3. I'm not really a "gamer," I really only enjoy PINBALL. I do enjoy GTA and MEDAL of HONOR. But I figured if I were to get a BLU RAY DVD player, the word on the street was to get a PS3. The onyl BLU RAY disk I have is THE INCREDIBLE HULK, which looks and sounds great. So..For someone who wants BLU RAY was this the best way to go. In your consumer opinion.

Well, I am a gamer and have a large collection of PS2 games, so it was an easy choice for me to go with the PS3 since Sony was the only game console I had had. I now also have an XBox 360 - but enjoy being able to get those PS3 games that aren't available on XBox and having a blu-ray player to boot. Visually, I think the PS3 games are more stunning - they just don't have as many good titles, unfortunately (and their online/mulitplayer needs a lot of improvement). But hopefully that will change.....so really it's a win/win situation.

I have a PS3 also, and I agree with the above.
I liked it so much that I bought another for my in-law.

If you're going to get a DVD or Blu ray player, why not get the best of the best?
The PS3 does everything except cook you dinner.

I have a PS3 also, and I agree with the above.
I liked it so much that I bought another for my in-law.

If you're going to get a DVD or Blu ray player, why not get the best of the best?
The PS3 does everything except cook you dinner.

i couldnt agree more. although i wish it cooked dinner too.

FWIW, I've had my PS3 for a year and still only have 1 game for it. Right now, it's basically a glorified Blu-ray player/DVR with a nifty interface. I still play 95% of my games on the 360.

However, that said, for $399 (including an 80 GB HD and upgradeable Blu-ray firmware) it's still a no-brainer if you're looking to jump into Hi-Def. And eventually a better library of must-have games will happen.

IJ, youre an Indy fan you NEED to get Drakes man. wtf?

Yup, awesome ^^^^in' game! Nate Drake is what you'd get If Indy and Lara were to have gotten it on and had a baby. One bad ass treasure hunter. :rock

One of the best games ever! :rock

But to answer the original question, yes buy a PS3. You can't go wrong. :lecture

I have nothing against the MGS games. They're extremely well-made. But they're just not my cup of tea.

I think the next PS3 game I'll pick up will be Little Big Planet. I enjoyed the beta a ton.

Nash I noticed you were selling your copy of LBP. What happened? Been thinking about picking this up.

Nash I noticed you were selling your copy of LBP. What happened? Been thinking about picking this up.

I think it has something to do with how they are taking down the content people are making and thats why I passed on it as well.

ah i sold it a couple weeks ago on ebay. Yeah after hearing about them deleting any maps with copyrighted material, I decided to ditch this game. plus, it kind of got repetitive and seems like just a huge reason for PSN to make money off of endless costumes and add on content. Used the money to pick up Bioshock.

ah i sold it a couple weeks ago on ebay. Yeah after hearing about them deleting any maps with copyrighted material, I decided to ditch this game. plus, it kind of got repetitive and seems like just a huge reason for PSN to make money off of endless costumes and add on content. Used the money to pick up Bioshock.

Can't go wrong with Bioshock. Terrific game! :rock

I have LBP and MGS also.
What can I say about MGS4 except for awesome! There are definitely too many cut-scenes IMO, but the game-play is awesome!

LBP... well, I get to play my PS3 and not have my girl complain. She's more into it than I am.:lol A pretty cool game and it relaxes me.

As for deleting copyrighted levels... people shouldn't use copyrighted material (change the title and only use self made images etc). That should solve the problem.

I have LBP and MGS also.
What can I say about MGS4 except for awesome! There are definitely too many cut-scenes IMO, but the game-play is awesome!

LBP... well, I get to play my PS3 and not have my girl complain. She's more into it than I am.:lol A pretty cool game and it relaxes me.

As for deleting copyrighted levels... people shouldn't use copyrighted material (change the title and only use self made images etc). That should solve the problem.

youre using copyrighted material in your sig...Plus Im the one that made that Hot Toys logo into a transparent .gif for Mediworld.

Back