Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Sideshow Freaks
Page 1584 of 1638 FirstFirst ... 584108414841534157415801581158215831584158515861587158815941634 ... LastLast
Results 15,831 to 15,840 of 16372

Default Re: 1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Doesn't Hasbro still hold the master license?

Quote Originally Posted by ZedBelkon View Post
    They would need to get the licence. Unless you are talking about a set of unlicensed figures?
    Yes, we are talking about 'third party' stuff here.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    The majority of DID stuff isn't licensed, they sail as close to the wind as they dare get and leave it obvious who the figures are. They got creative with their LALD Bond as they got permission to use Roger Moore's likeness and did as they pleased with the rest. It was released as Roger Moore and not Bond.

I'm sure they could do Henry the Adventurous Archaeologist if they so wished, though you'd think they would have by now.
    CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishHeat View Post
    Ugh, so frustrating, my v3 has been sitting in UK customs for three weeks now.
    So, my head finally showed up. A day after my PayPal protection expired.

This thing was sitting at the airport for 7 weeks, with no movement. I ended up reaching out to Jeff Vargas and Inigo and had to get a bit snippy with them, as they wanted me to keep waiting, which I thought was pretty unfair, seeing as how literally everyone else received theirs weeks ago. I checked every tracking number they posted, and they all were received, meanwhile, mine was still at the Heathrow airport.

After a week or so of back and forth with them, this package picked up a scan that it had left the airport, then nothing for two weeks, and now we're finally at the deadline of my PayPal protection and Inigo agreed to send me a new sculpt, I elected not to open a claim, even though I still didn't receive anything and giving them weeks to resolve the issue. And then, out of the blue, on Sunday, it's scanned at my local Post Office.

Not sure if there's any lessons learned here. I don't think people should be expected to wait indefinitely. PayPal gives you six months which seems like an extraordinarily long time, evidently it wasn't long enough.

Obviously, hindsight being what it is, I could've just kept my mouth shut, but at the time, it was clear this thing was lost.

I don't participate in custom runs very often, but the times I have, most have been not great experiences. Ironically, those times were Indy-related, the WGP head, Inigo's v2 Indy and the Yunsil clothes run. I've bought a couple things from robbiethepainter and DoggieDoc, which were good quality and good service, and shout out to mfisher for the whip and rig, that was a good Indy experience. Also, I can't remember who it was, but someone on the forum here was making scaled bibles from Raiders, and I picked one up, and it's amazing.

In any case, at least the v3 head is a better product than the v2. Much better size and the casting was cleaned up properly.

Now, to just get this damn head painted ...

Super Freak
    Feedback
    11 (100%)
    I don't think it's Inigo's fault that the U.S. government shut down most air travel to Europe, but yeah, I'm not sure at what point a replacement would have been warranted had it never moved, as you said, can you be expected to wait forever?

I'm in a similar situation from the other end where I shipped something first class international and it's now been sitting in the destination country for a month and a half but not delivered. As it's an item of low cost I plan to ship again but via a more secure method. Need to look into that.

Super Freak
    Feedback

Air travel has been seriously disrupted since Covid 19 took hold and there is nothing that Inigo could have done about that. Any replacement could have been equally held up meaning that you would have had to have waited even longer. Until the virus does one we have to weigh up whether something is going to be worth the wait.

I have a figure on PO, the release is already held up thanks to Covid and then it'll come via SpeedPak when it does come out, so that one really is in the lap of the gods. It's going to be worth the wait and I'll fill my time while I am waiting.
    CHEERS!

Thought people may find this interesting:

©Fly, All rights reserved
    Feedback
    27 (100%)
    That was very cool. Thanks for sharing, Cap!
    -------------------------------------------------
    A good discussion is like a miniskirt; Short enough to maintain interest and long enough to cover the subject.

Making this up as I go...
    Feedback
    32 (100%)
    Agreed, I never knew those details. Pretty cool!

Pleasure guys.