1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay, so my first 1:6 Indy arrived about 30 minutes ago and I snapped some very quick iPhone pics of my first two WIP customs.

First up, Indy in German Soldier disguise. Still some work to do on this. The hat, in particular... some weathering and a more screen-accurate rocket launcher (this is NOT the one I'll be using... just threw it in for the pics). But you'll get the idea:

germansoldier_01.jpg

germansoldier_02.jpg

germansoldier_03.jpg

germansoldier_04.jpg

germansoldier_05.jpg

And Indy from the end of the film (the "Fools! Bureaucratic Fools!" scene). Working on a hat for this:

ROTLA_End_01.jpg

Again, sorry for the very bad pics. They don't do the figure justice. But I was so excited to finally get my figure and just wanted to snap some real quick to share.
:chew

Last edited:
Can't wait to see more. Side note, I found someone that made a cool map room indy and may be willing to make the head wrap and robe for us.

Okay, so my first 1:6 Indy arrived about 30 minutes ago and I snapped some very quick iPhone pics of my first two WIP customs.

First up, Indy in German Soldier disguise. Still some work to do on this. The hat, in particular... some weathering and a more screen-accurate rocket launcher. But you'll get the idea:

germansoldier_01.jpg

germansoldier_02.jpg

germansoldier_03.jpg

germansoldier_04.jpg

germansoldier_05.jpg

Again, sorry for the very bad pics. They don't do the figure justice. But I was so excited to finally get my figure and just wanted to snap some real quick to share.
:chew

Not a bad job. There are some inaccuracies though. The eagle insignia's off. It wasn't gold but silver with a black outline. The harness should be closer in color to the uniform, more of a faded canvas color. It almost looks pea green in those images. Itshould also be higher, closer to the neck at the "y" part. And no RPG-7. Not sure which launcher was used, but it wasn't the RPG-7. :D

Not a bad job. There are some inaccuracies though. The eagle insignia's off. It wasn't gold but silver with a black outline. The harness should be closer in color to the uniform, more of a faded canvas color. It almost looks pea green in those images. And no RPG-7. Not sure which launcher was used, but it wasn't the RPG-7. :D

I've noted the inaccuracies already. But the pics are the real issue. The eagle IS silver (thought I do need to re-do the outline with a small black ink pen) and the harness is the perfect color... it's not pea-colored at all.

I know the RPG is incorrect, but I have yet to complete my customized one and just grabbed a 1:6 one for the pic. The one used in the film is a completel fictional weapon and was designed and made by the prop department specifically for movie.

My main concern is getting the hat to look right, but I've already started that process too.

Great job on the overhead behind the back photo, looks just like the shot that pans from the side and first reveals Indy aiming the launcher. Coming along very nicely. Your passion for Indy shows with your attention to detail and the fact you're making a custom of the last 3-5 minutes of the movie.

Can't wait to see more. Side note, I found someone that made a cool map room indy and may be willing to make the head wrap and robe for us.

I'd be very interested in that as that's what I was thinking about using my second headscultp for. I picked up the Hasbro Swordsman yesterday and was hoping to maybe reverse engineer his head wrap, but I'd buy one of it looks good. Do you have any pics?

Last edited:
I've noted the inaccuracies already. But the pics are the real issue. The eagle IS silver (thought I do need to re-do the outline with a small black ink pen) and the harness is the perfect color... it's not pea-colored at all.

I know the RPG is incorrect, but I have yet to complete my customized one and just grabbed a 1:6 one for the pic. The one used in the film is a completel fictional weapon and was designed and made by the prop department specifically for movie.

My main concern is getting the hat to look right, but I've already started that process too.

Good luck on the hat. Just looking at that pic and I feel your pain! :rotfl As for the launcher, what about trying to crack off the heat shield and the blast scoop at the back? The cheek rest/handle (?) in the film looks more like the Quigly Down Under scope than any real scope on a rocket launcher. Maybe taking a plastic Q-tip stem and spraying it black? And while you have the paint out, the rocket'll need a once-over too. The standing aspect of the sight looks like that of an HK69, so if you can find one in 1:6, you can use the sight off of it.

Last edited:
Great job on the overhead behind the back photo, looks just like the shot that pans from the side and first reveals Indy aiming the launcher. Coming along very nicely. Your passion for Indy shows with your attention to detail and the fact you're making a custom of the last 3-5 minutes of the movie.

Thanks, Sean! Yeah, it's my intention to have a figure of every look Indy has in ROTLA:

Adventure (duh)
Professor
Travel
Cairo Streets
Map Room
German Soldier disguise
End Scene

That's why I ordered a total of three (3) of the Sideshow figures, and may end up getting one or two more. I also want to be able to customize TOD and TLC Indys if Sideshow never gets around to making those.

Once I start completing the figures, I will start taking proper photos. Promise.

Which shoulderboards did you use on him? I still need to get some.
I made them custom. And yes, it was a pain in the ass to both source all the parts (including a fabric that matches the jacket exactly) and make them. :sick

As for the launcher, what about trying to crack off the heat shield and the blast scoop at the back? The sight in the film looks more like the Quigly Down Under scope than any real scope on a rocket launcher. Maybe taking a plastic Q-tip stem and spraying it black?
I pretty much have all the pieces I need to make a screen-accurate rocket launcher. Now I just need to dedicate some time to completing it. Pretty good call on the on the Q-Tip. I actually experimented with that, but in the end a black plastic coffee stirrer is what ended up working perfectly for that piece.

Lookin' good Irish! I imagine we'll see a few Indy customs from you. ;)
Indeed! :duff

And Indy from the end of the film (the "Fools! Bureaucratic Fools!" scene). Working on a hat for this:

ROTLA_End_01.jpg

Great stuff, Carl!

I was thinking about this outfit too -- its Indy's official travel outfit, also seen when he takes the plane to Nepal and Dennis Muren is following him.

It's actually a double-breasted suit. I recommend the d-breasted suit from the SS Invisible Man. I don't have it, but its blue (hopefully dark enough) and double breasted and from what I've read supposedily very nicely made.

Also, your list isn't complete -- you need Indy in robe when he's packing to leave with Marcus.

Thanks, Sean! Yeah, it's my intention to have a figure of every look Indy has in ROTLA:

Adventure (duh)
Professor
Travel
Cairo Streets
Map Room
German Soldier disguise
End Scene

That's why I ordered a total of three (3) of the Sideshow figures, and may end up getting one or two more. I also want to be able to customize TOD and TLC Indys if Sideshow never gets around to making those.

Once I start completing the figures, I will start taking proper photos. Promise.

I made them custom. And yes, it was a pain in the ass to both source all the parts (including a fabric that matches the jacket exactly) and make them. :sick

I pretty much have all the pieces I need to make a screen-accurate rocket launcher. Now I just need to dedicate some time to completing it. Pretty good call on the on the Q-Tip. I actually experimented with that, but in the end a black plastic coffee stirrer is what ended up working perfectly for that piece.

Indeed! :duff

Very impressive, you know where to go if you want to discuss images when you're done ;)

I'm a fan of the beaten up TOD look like the poster art, so I'm assembling pieces for that. Bought the sword last week, bought a spare Indy shirt today, same auction included the jacket too so that'll let me play with trying to weather one without ruining my figure :lol Now I'm keeping a sharp eye for a loose hatted head to paint up bloodied from the mine fight so I can make my Indy TOD Indy whenver I like. If I feel it necessary, I'll get another set of pants to weather up like TOD too.

IJ you pose your figures horribly. :D

:eek: I know. You're right... but hey, I said I hurriedly threw the heads on and snapped quick iPhone pics. Trust me, these were not really futzed or posed at all (and the one with the suit literally fell off the stand 2 seconds after I snapped the pic. That's how haphazard it was :lol )

Great work Irish. I was going to ask you where you got the German soldier outfit from and then read you made it yourself...rats!

You need to make a 1/6 scale periscope Indy can lash himself to.

Sideshow Indy jacket storm flap buttons removed:

jacket_01.jpg

Good news to those who rightfully hate these: they pull right off rather easily (I just pinched them between my thumb and index finger) and the holes are small and barely noticeable in-scale.

:rock

Well, I plan on customizing my (regular) Indy Last Crusade style. But Ben decided to "accurize" his already.

BensSideshowIndy1.jpg

The buckle is a paper clip, the middle piece is a staple, and the metal keeper is from an aluminum can. I think he did a damn good job.:whip Sorry for the blurry picture.

Oh yeah, Irish, your custom is friggin' bad ass!

Last edited:
Back