Vampire Movies - I mean real Blood Sucking Freak Movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordAzrael

Origins Kurgan Crusader
Reaction score
Okay - enough of this faggoty gay teen angst garbage. Lets see some real vampire movies. This thread is the Anti-Twilight.

I want to hear about your favourite REAL vampire movies, but also some more obscure recommendations.

I picked up "The Thirst" tonight for $8 so hopefully that's a good start. Recently got not only 30 days of night but the short film prequel.

Let em loose!

Fright Night and The Lost Boys are my all time favorite vampire movies but I'm also pretty biased when it comes to 80's films. I also love the Subspecies films put out by Full Moon back in the 90's.

My list of what I consider true, bad ass Vampires...

Movies
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Near Dark
Fright Night
Blade
From Dusk 'Til Dawn

Cartoons
Vampire Hunter D
Hellsing

If you haven't seen it, for a relatively "realistic" treatment of modern day vampires check out the Brit series "Ultraviolet".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0169501/

Michael Colefield is unwillingly thrust into the nightmarish world of vampires when he discovers a secret government organisation operating undercover within the police when his friend Jack disappears under suspicious circumstances on the eve of his wedding.

30 Days of night
Fright Night
Blade 1 and 2
Near Dark
From Dusk till Dawn
Dracula (Christopher Lee and Frank Langeller's) not sure how to spell his name
Salems lot (David soul)
The Lost Boys
Interview with a Vampire
The Hunger

30 Days of night
Fright Night
Blade 1 and 2
Near Dark
From Dusk till Dawn
Dracula (Christopher Lee and Frank Langeller's) not sure how to spell his name
Salems lot (David soul)
The Lost Boys
Interview with a Vampire
The Hunger

:lecture:lecture

30 days of night was alot better than I thought it was going to be. :D

While I don't agree with the obvious name calling (oh and when did people around here become anti gay?) I will give you a list of some of my favorites.

Interview with the Vampire

Queen of the Damned

Bram Stoker Dracula

Lost Boys

30 days of night

Blade Series

One word:

NOSFERATU!!!

nosferatu.gif

Bram Stoker's Dracula is my personal favorite... but I like Underworld (not so much the sequel) and am looking forward to the new prequel, "Rise of the Lycans."

LordAzrael,thank you for making this thread. Screw teeny bopper vampires!!!

My favorite vampire movies ever are

the lost boys
fright night
30 days of night
underworld
interview with the vampire

I also really like the blade movies.

Fright Night is a must, but I'm surprised no-one's mentioned Vamp. It had Chris Makepeace of Meatballs and Mazes & Monsters fame, and Grace Jones as the main vampire baddie. Mind you, I haven't seen it since it first came out, so I can't even remember if it was all that good, or if nostalgia is getting the better of me.

I'm not sure I'd include Interview with a Vampire in this list, though. I thought that the whole Anne Rice thing is what caused this modern metrosexual vampire craze. Odd how she's now turned to religion and has vowed never to write about vampires ever again.

30 Days of Night was pretty good, although the ending sucked donkeys. I was hoping we'd get an epilogue set one year later, showing how the citizens had made plans and set up defences to wipe out the vampires on their next visit. No such luck.

Fright Night
Interview
BS Dracula
30 days of night - Minus the end
Near Dark

Parts of... (meaning movie sucked but somethign were cool)
Blade
Dusk til Dawn
Queen of the Damned
Drac 2000 ;)

Fright Night is my favorite ,

But Near Dark is probably the greatest Vampire movie ever made.

The book I am Legend is my favorite vampire story I think.

Shadow of the Vampire, The Hunger and Near Dark are my fav vamp flicks.
From Dusk Till Dawn, Interview With The Vampire and Bram Stoker's Dracula are also fun, but there are so many more terrible vamp stories than there are good ones.

Looking forward to seeing Let the Right One In.

I still haven't read/seen a vamp story that combines the elements I like about vamps and leaves out the more over the top aspects.

While I don't agree with the obvious name calling (oh and when did people around here become anti gay?) I will give you a list of some of my favorites.

Interview with the Vampire

Queen of the Damned

Bram Stoker Dracula

Lost Boys

30 days of night

Blade Series

No one is anti gay...just anti gay VAMPIRES. :lol

Back