ROTS DVD Info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the link! I really wished they edited some of the deleted scenes back into the movie. I'm getting mine from wallmart, maybe the extra disc will have those deleted scenes that were missing from the original trilogy set?

screamingmetal said:
Thanks for the link! I really wished they edited some of the deleted scenes back into the movie. I'm getting mine from wallmart, maybe the extra disc will have those deleted scenes that were missing from the original trilogy set?

Doubt it. From what I hear the extra disc is the exclusive video Walmart played during their "Attack of the Clones" promotion (notice that a picture of EPII Anakin is fgiured prominently on the package). Hence it's a Walmart exclusive DVD.

Still, unless there is a better in-store premium offered elsewhere, I'm getting my EPIII DVD from Walmart.

screamingmetal said:
Thanks for the link! I really wished they edited some of the deleted scenes back into the movie.

I cannot understand- for the life of me -WHY, WHY, WHY Uncle George will not do this!

You'd think after PJ and NEw Line did SO WELL (HA!LOL!) w/LOTR and the Extended Editions, that a Star Wars Extended Edition would be a no brainer! Most especially since he FILMED THE SCENES and EDITED THEM for the DVD....Just put out a second edition and we will buy it! Come on....Even if YOU wouldn't want it, you KNOW someone who would!

He has to get all these copies out now before the holidays and the format change. Then he will make a HD versions with the sceens added in so that you have to go out and buy that as well.

Yes he is as bad as Geene Simmons,

Jesse

Thanks for the link! I really wished they edited some of the deleted scenes back into the movie.

I cannot understand- for the life of me -WHY, WHY, WHY Uncle George will not do this!

Uncle George changing a movie AFTER it's theatrical release? That's just crazy talk!

Sir Tristram said:

You'd think after PJ and NEw Line did SO WELL (HA!LOL!) w/LOTR and the Extended Editions, that a Star Wars Extended Edition would be a no brainer! Most especially since he FILMED THE SCENES and EDITED THEM for the DVD....Just put out a second edition and we will buy it! Come on....Even if YOU wouldn't want it, you KNOW someone who would!

He's already put deleted scene's back into at least three of the Star Wars movies that weren't shown theatrically. Not to mention all the newer added scenes for the OT.

Yoda arriving on Dagobah scene will be a cool one. So far, that makes two deleted scenes for the DVD, right? The one with Mon Mothma and Bail Organa in a secret meeting being the second.

My supplier told me I should have the DVD the week of the 17th of Oct. Man I can't wait.

Mini-Rock said:
He's already put deleted scene's back into at least three of the Star Wars movies that weren't shown theatrically. Not to mention all the newer added scenes for the OT.

Yoda arriving on Dagobah scene will be a cool one. So far, that makes two deleted scenes for the DVD, right? The one with Mon Mothma and Bail Organa in a secret meeting being the second.

My supplier told me I should have the DVD the week of the 17th of Oct. Man I can't wait.
Yeah, but they are on the second DVD...we're saying why does't he integrate them into an Extended Edition like PJ did with LOTR!
All the new Trilogy DVD's had he deleted (or unsed) scenes on a second disc!

No, I'm saying he has already added deleted scenes to the actual movie. At least two deleted scenes were added to ANH alone.

I dont think adding deleted scenes is always that great. The editor/director didnt leave them out for nothing. Sometimes they do complement a movie but most of the time they dont. For example, the giving of the items in Lothlorien was a great benefit. But some scenes make no sense at all, like the Mouth of Sauron piece (yes is was a great piece, but honestly....disappearing horses and corpses??) in ROTK. There's nothing in the Star Wars movies that needs to be added. They were great already. Why try to fix something when its not broke? I can understand when a movie is flawed or has been brought out flawed, but otherwise its no good.

Viking28: D'oh! Sorry B!

LoL, well no harm done. I'll retype my message...or what I can remember of it anyway lol!

Last edited:
I agree B. It has to serve the movie and not thrown in for S&G's. Some of the EPI Podrace "lap 2" additions could have been left deleted. Same with the Luke and Biggs chat before flying off to stop the Death Star scene in ANH.

There are some screen grabs of the deleted Yoda arrival on Dagobah scene over at Millennium Falcon also. The Shaak Ti death scene should be pretty cool too.

re

Yoda arriving at Dagobah! Great :cool: I really did miss that scene, can't wait to see it. I still want to see Qui-gon though.. :sick :eek:

Mini-Rock said:
No, I'm saying he has already added deleted scenes to the actual movie. At least two deleted scenes were added to ANH alone.
Most of the 'new' scenes in the OT were actually ..NEW.
The Jabba Scene and the Biggs scene (Which he ONly added one of three Biggs scenes in the film) were the only previously filmed scenes. He filmed new scenes for the other additions.....They completley bastardized the Greedo/Han moment....Yuck, Ugh, Spit.

Yes, Yes, Yes....SOme scenes are worthless....But that is why you have an 'EXTENDED EDITION'....is ADDITION to the original. FOr the insane, passionate, hardcore, completist, nutcase, serious, no-nonsense fans. That want every single piece of footage available.
He went back and added film score and effects to them. They must not be bantha turds if they bothered doing that! :wacky

Mini-Rock said:
I agree B. It has to serve the movie and not thrown in for S&G's. Some of the EPI Podrace "lap 2" additions could have been left deleted.

I HATED the additions to the Ep. I DVD, particularly the new podrace introductions. The lap 2 sequence was fine, but I could have done without the new beginning. I really don't want any sequences added to the Ep. III DVD.

Stuff like the Jango jetpack firing in Ep. II that they didn't have time to complete for the theatrical version is a nice addition, but the Ep. I additions were mostly bad, IMO.

A separate extended release would be the best way to go. LOTR is different for me, because the things cut out were mostly in the book. I therefore don't even watch the theatrical cuts anymore. PJ only added things back that were originally in Tolkien's work to begin with.

Sir Tristram said:

Whoa! Dejavu. I swear I already mentioned that in a previous post. ;)

el: As much as I like EPI, I have to agree. Personally, I didn't mind the added few seconds to the beginning of the Podrace. IMO, the whole podrace could have used more of John Williams score though.

Mini-Rock said:

Actually, this is what you said...and I said he only put in a couple of 'deleted' scenes. Most of them were newly filmed.
What deleted scenes did he put back into 3 films? ....none of the floppy hat Luke made into the re-releases in '97...
None of the Wampa's Nest under Echo base stuff made it into the Empire Re-release...
What old/deleted scenes made into 3 films? In ANH we got that cruddy old Jabba Scene and the Luke Biggs Reunion. I know there was something else...what was it?

I actually hated many parts of Ep. 1. the added scenes were no worst then the cheese that was in the movie before they were added.
Scenes in movies can be edited out for reasons other then the fact they throw off the story. Reading the article over at Hyperspace, Shaak Ti's death scene in the beginning was edited out because of pace and the lack of impact of General Grievous appearing in the scene. When they re-shot her death in the temple, it made no sense because Shaak Ti would've been meditating while the temple was being assaulted by Clone troopers. In my opinion, the Yoda arriving on Dagobah, and the Mon Mothma Rebellion scene I think should've been added back in, I don't think they throw the movie's story off but enhance it. And maybe a newly filmed scene showing Shaak Ti dying in the temple assault should've be filmed.

I thought of another possible extra on the Wallmart DVD edition, maybe it has the Star Wars TV shows that were shown on the Discovery Channel and Animal Planet this past Summer?

Oh for Pete's sake, this is what you posted (Does the Ace Ventura inhale...):

Sir Tristram said:

In response to screamingmetal's comment:

screamingmetal said:

I then pointed out that:

Mini-Rock said:

You then seemed confused when you posted:

Sir Tristram said:
Yeah, but they are on the second DVD...we're saying why does't he integrate them into an Extended Edition like PJ did with LOTR!
All the new Trilogy DVD's had he deleted (or unsed) scenes on a second disc!

So, I clarified here:

Mini-Rock said:

You then posted what I had already said above:

Sir Tristram said:
The Jabba Scene and the Biggs scene (Which he ONly added one of three Biggs scenes in the film) were the only previously filmed scenes. He filmed new scenes for the other additions

I understand though. It's not easy remembering every post you've made. The fact still remains that deleted scenes have been added back into the saga; and, completely new, additional, scenes were put into the OT. Since the deleted and newer/additional scenes weren't shown theatrically (originally anyway) the versions represented on DVD are essentially "Extended Versions." ...end exhale!

Can you feel that! Take care now, bye bye then. ;)

....Ok....Bravo Ace.
Now, I may not have been stating my rhetorical question clearly enough. (Which initially had nothing to do with anything you said.)

I do not understand why Lucas released (and is in the process of releasing) the new trilogy on DVD with the deleted scenes on a separate dvd rather than having two different releases (ala: PJ and New Line Cinema) one theatrical release and one 'Extended Release' of each film - thus capitalizing on the insatiable desire to see and own as much footage as possible and thus making that wallet of his thicker!
...Especially since he took the time and care to go back and 'finish' the scenes with the addition of effects and scoring. :peace

Back