Biggest Letdown or Worst Video Game of 08

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kain4521

You know that one too/Mod
Reaction score
Since Badmoon has the best of 08 I figured I would start one about the worst or the biggest letdown video game of 08. I'm not gonna make it a poll just list what game and why.

Mine would have to be Fable 2. I was so pumped for this game when it was announced only to find out that Lionshead pulled the same crap they did with the first one which is promise the moon and just give a half ass effort. I love RPG's and instead of some awe inspiring epic I get a follow the lines Sims 2 hybrid game. At first it was cool to get a job and buy property and wonder around town but that got old quick. The fighting was decent but the magic using sucked and dont even get me started on the glitch's that this game has. The story was horrible and confusing with the side quests being more interesting than playing the main game.

I was let down the most by Ninja Gaiden 2. I had beaten NG for the xbox several times, I beat NG: Black several times, and I beat NG: Sigma as well. I didnt even want to complete NG2, big step backward in my opinion.

EASY! Force Unleashed!

I only got a handful of games this year but I'd say a tie between Force Unleashed and MGS 4. I had high expectations for both and both let me down.

There were some great things about both but both had major flaws and drawbacks in my eyes.

And Kain, you're f'n nuts. Fable 2 is easily my #2 game of the year behind Gears 2.

I only got a handful of games this year but I'd say a tie between Force Unleashed and MGS 4. I had high expectations for both and both let me down.

There were some great things about both but both had major flaws and drawbacks in my eyes.

And Kain, you're f'n nuts. Fable 2 is easily my #2 game of the year behind Gears 2.

Thats because you didn't buy any of the good games yah ******! Fallout and Dead Space. :lecture

The last guy of the main quest sums up my feelings of the game........Weak. I dont know I guess I was expecting more depth to it other than running around farting and buying houses.

The last guy of the main quest sums up my feelings of the game........Weak. I dont know I guess I was expecting more depth to it other than running around farting and buying houses.

I'll admit, I was a little disappointed with that as well. But the same can certainly be said for Gears. I couldn't believe they ended the game on that kind of level where it's nearly impossible to die except on Insane.

I just love Fable for the ability to fly through the main quest or take your time and try to own every single piece of property. Then when you factor in all the side quests and little things you can do, it makes it that much better. In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, I think I like Fable more than Gears. Gears just has the MP going for it but if we're basing it off campaign alone, it's Fable.

I've enjoyed Fable 2 but that one was kind of a "ah why not". Unlike Keith I enjoyed the FU but I also played it for more than 30 mins. :p

MGS 4 and so far Fall Out 3 are my top 2 duds this year. Had very high expectations for both but did not or haven't yet lived up to them. Madden and NASCAR are also up there because of the glitches.

The absolute biggest let down I have had in a video game in the recent past was the latest Final Fantasy installment. I played it for about an hour and never touched it again. It didn't even feel like a Final Fantasy game at all. I hated every minute I played it.

Such a disappointment after playing and beating (and loving) every other final fantasy game released. With the exception of FFX-2, but that was kind of just a silly version of FFX which I loved.

biggest letdown is the Wii.

but since the question of this thread is about a game i'd have to say....TFU. I did like the game but it was a letdown for me with it's level design, etc. so as far as a let down that one was it for me but i did like the game. you know it has been a good year for games. While it didn't come out this year i finally played Resistance: Fall of Man and thought it was subpar.

Unreal 3..what a gay game..

Those of you saying Fallout 3 what is wrong with it? besides that you cant continue it after the game is over? It is seriously about to push my all time favorite game outta its place (half life).

Unreal 3..what a gay game..

Those of you saying Fallout 3 what is wrong with it? besides that you cant continue it after the game is over? It is seriously about to push my all time favorite game outta its place (half life).

Unreal 3 would have taken the top prize for me this year but I had it on the PS3 last year.

Unreal 3 sucked ass. Terrible game, and a huge letdown. Add to that the fact that it seemed like the Unreal engine wasn't even in use for this game, and there was absolutely no true campaign.

Virtua Fighter 5, big letdown. Thought they could have just done a lot more with the story, the characters, and the fighting system. I still have huge hopes for Tekken next year though, one of my favorite fighting franchises.

Metal Gear Solid 4, letdown. Story didn't really get me like the others did, and multiplayer ^^^^ the bed.

I enjoyed Force Unleashed.....for me the biggest letdown is a game that isn't even in full release yet: LEFT4DEAD.

After all the hype and all the anticipation, the game definitely did not live up to it. Its fun but definitely not worth $60 and initial reports that the actual story mode is fairly short by comparison to other similar styled games is disappointing.

Back