Neca to make Street Fighter 4 figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denger4000

Super Freak
Reaction score
As it wasn't already apparent I guess this is even more proof that this current wave of Sota SF figures are the last, I just hope they come out already. Hopefully Neca will produce a Dee Jay figure.

Yep, and here are the early pics of 3 figures from the first wave:

Ken__scaled_600.jpg
Ryu__scaled_600.jpg

viper.jpg

Ken looks okay, but Ryu looks like a gorilla or something.

Honestly, I think these stink. I'd rather have SOTA's SF figures any day.

The thing about this is, I'm not going to bother getting any of these unless NECA can somehow promise that they will make EVERY character, and I know that's highly unlikely, so I don't see any reason to bother with these.

Especially with the SOTA sh|tstorm so fresh in everyone's minds, I can't assume many people will be stoked to start collecting another series of Street Fighter figs.

i might pick up ken sometime down the line...but who is the guy in the white outfit?

Ken looks worse than Ryu. I don't like any of the new fighters, with the exception of Abel.

Don't forget, SF HD comes out next week.

NECA isn't known for seeing any lines through to completion (resident evil, anyone?) So don't expect more than 2 or 3 waves with maybe 3 or 4 characters tops in each before this ends.

NECA isn't known for seeing any lines through to completion (resident evil, anyone?) So don't expect more than 2 or 3 waves with maybe 3 or 4 characters tops in each before this ends.

I doubt that with Gears, they'll keep making them untill the very last carmine.

Of course not. But we're talking about Street Fighter which has a very extensive character roster. It would take a lengthy line to satisfy fans, while most gears fan would most likely be satisfied with the four Delta squad members and a few locust. You're comparing apples and oranges.

Of course not. But we're talking about Street Fighter which has a very extensive character roster. It would take a lengthy line to satisfy fans, while most gears fan would most likely be satisfied with the four Delta squad members and a few locust. You're comparing apples and oranges.

NECA isn't known for seeing any lines through to completion (resident evil, anyone?)

What was that line about then?

What was that line about then?

NECA has a knack for not hitting the all major characters in their lines.

Ghostbusters that didn't have any Ghostbusters.

Grindhouse that had no El Wray.

Kill Bill with no Oren Ishii or Bud

And the aforementioned Resident Evil with no Wesker, Barry, Claire, Ada, etc.

NECA has a knack for not hitting the all major characters in their lines.

Ghostbusters that didn't have any Ghostbusters.

Grindhouse that had no El Wray.

Kill Bill with no Oren Ishii or Bud

And the aforementioned Resident Evil with no Wesker, Barry, Claire, Ada, etc.

I knew that :)

The guy was contradicting himself. I think they cancel the lines if they don't sell to NECA's expectations.

I knew that :)

The guy was contradicting himself. I think they cancel the lines if they don't sell to NECA's expectations.

Yeah, but NECA is still playing with a double-edged sword. They started off the Ghostbusters license, hoping that the success of the first wave would sway Bill Murray to sign off on his likeness. Yeah, starting off with the dogs, Gozer and Slimer is a real great way to start off the line :rolleyes:

I'm sure I don't have the full story, and there's a logical reason they didn't start off with 2 'Busters and 2 ghosts, but. . . it's just that NECA has this knack for not carrying all the way through.

NECA, Jebus bless 'em, they've gotten a bunch of grail licenses, but I really question starting off the line with another Ken and Ryu. When SOTA v2 took over, they released new versions of Ken and Ryu to keep newer collectors in the loop, so the people that are collecting SF now, already have a Ken and Ryu, they don't need more.

If NECA wants the current SF collectors to jump on their ship, they should've started with something like Ken, Dee Jay and Crimson Viper. Putting Dee Jay, or any other most wanted Fighter that SOTA never got around to, like a Chun Lu re-do, would've ensnared the current crop of SF collectors.

anyone got the revoltech SF online figures? I just noticed BBTS has Ryu and Chun-Li in stock, but $22.99 each :confused: I believe they are tiny 4 inch figures. They look cool in the pictures ,but I couldnt imagine paying that much for something that I won't even be able to see on a display shelf without a microscope.

revoltechryu.jpg

Back