eFX X-wing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amanaman

Super Freak
Reaction score
X-WINGDisplay.jpg

https://s510.photobucket.com/albums/s344/eFXInc/
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=47266&page=23

$1199 (shipping starts at $150 :horror), movable machined metal wings, brass "barber" poles, LED lights.

COCKPITINTERIOR1.jpg
Lukepilotfig.jpg

I'm picking up a few of these to put on top of my multiple copies of SW FRAMES. :lol

Why can't they make these at an affordable scale and price? Something in the $300 ballpark would be ideal. They would probably make a killing at that price point. I'd even be willing to sacrifice the c-o-c-kpit lights to save a few bucks.

This was posted in the forum posted above. Give it to me at $500 or less and I'd bite. Anyone have the size specs on this one?

In answer to the burning question of the day regarding this model - price - it's $1199. We tried as hard as we could to keep it as low as practicable given these harsh economic times. But in the end we lost our battle to keep it below $1000.

It's the same price as MR's AT-At and there's a lot more work and assembly involved with this piece. So hopefully this will mitigate things.
The model comes with a Luke pilot figure (it is "Red Five") which has been sculpted for us by the talented and kind folks at Gentle Giant. And darn if it doesn't look like Mark Hamill. It complements the work put into the accurate R2, very well. The cockpit frame is injection molded and comes with laser cut acrylic for the glass. This can easily be removed if anyone seriously objects to it, but will, of course invalid our warranty

The wings are machined aluminum and can be displayed open or closed. There is a detent which locates them in the open position and magnets that hold them closed. The barber poles are brass.

Someone asked a question as to whether or not we lit the cannon tips. Red Five did actually have pea-bulbs located at the FAR end of the barber poles AWAY from the tip. The cannon tips were hollow brass tubes and IF you looked DIRECTLY down them, then there was the slight possibility of the light from the bulb registering. I guess the ILM guys wanted to add some visual splash and perhaps give the animators something to key to. I'm doubtful about the effectiveness of the pea-bulbs as they certainly don't show on screen to my eye, and so we never attempted to replicate this effect on the model.

I'll be posting some articles about the X-wing on www.efxcollectibles.com in our In Development section. Hopefully that will answer some questions, and of course I'll pop back in here from time to time, if you have any specifics you want to ask.

Actually, eFX plans to make Code 3-scaled diecast ships. Nothing yet has been announced.

How big is this for $1199 ? Its nice but its out of my ball park

edit: brass barber poles ????

Do they rotate ??? dont remember luke diving into the death star trench to offer 'cut and blows' ???

"The main fuselage is approx 21" long from the rear to the tip of the nose"

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm looking forward to the diecast announcement. I was bummed that the Code 3 AT-AT never saw the light of day.

The Falcon is the only Code 3 ship I didn't get, so I'm hoping eFX will make a better one. I just hope the line won't be too expensive.

Code 3's scale is the most practical for this stuff.

The weight and size of this X-wing will make it harder to move or sell.. and that's also responsible for its high margins. I think the detail that can be realized in a diecast is about as good as a full size model, especially if it's well-painted. I don't expect these to fly off the shelves, even with a payment plan.

My MR Falcon and AT-AT are two of my favorite pieces, I have been looking forward to getting the X-Wing ever since they confirmed it was being made. I'm getting one for sure, and I'm eager to see what they do with die-cast ships.

Code 3's scale is the most practical for this stuff.

Yeah, I really like the Code 3 scale. I'd love to be able to own the MR and eFX stuff but it's just too big for me to display. Too expensive for me too.

I'd mostly like to see these in the diecast line:

Millennium Falcon
AT-AT
Y-Wing
Snowspeeder
TIE Fighter
Imperial Shuttle

It looks nice, but I really hate how they don't include acrylic cases for any of their stuff. I doubt that I'll be able to get one of these unless it goes on clearance for some reason, but I do like it.

I couldn't find anything in that thread about the size- just that the R2 was an 1" wide - that would make the X-Wing about 24" wouldn't it?

$1200 isn't so bad then - cheaper than a Cinemaquette.

Yeah, don't really have the room for that. :lol I wish someone would redo the model kits that had the fiber optics. That would be a good alternative and so long as they used better plastics for the ships, it'd be worth it.

This will probably take me out of the running. :( Damn. Should have jumped on that last deal for the Falcon. Then again, with luck, we might see a lot of these clearanced at retailers...

There are no domestic retailers for eFX, though SWS has had the first two helmets for some reason. The dimensions of the model, not including the display stand, are 23" long, 20 1/2" wingspan, and 4" high wings closed, 5" high wings open. You can read more details here.

Sticking with the MR Falcon, maybe I get this down the line.

Back