Wii Music Sells Less than 81,000

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't cry for Nintendo. It's only a minor kink in their money printing machine. They're on top of the world right now.

I wasn't just talking about their console. It's the ideas and concepts that Nintendo has pushed over the last 4 years (or a console and handheld cycle) that really has been ingrained in the mind of casual gamers and intrigued non-gamers. My crystal ball is broken right now, but I could assuredly say that Their next console WILL sell as long as Nintendo sticks to their current guns.

If not, then they still have dominance in the handheld gaming market. The DS is really a money printing machine.

I wouldn't worry about Nintendo in the next lineup of consoles, I'd worry about Microsoft and Sony in the successive iterations of the next console cycle and the next one after that, and the next one after that, and the next one after that, and the next one after that. What could really change with their current strategy of beefier hardware?

I really hope Nintendo thinks long and hard on this and learns the lesson that needs to be learned: You can't release a steaming pile of crap, put "Wii" in the title, and expect it to sell like hotcakes regardless. Casual gaming is one thing, mindless boring stupidity is another thing entirely.

If you're going to put out a tech demo that offers an hour of "fun" at the most, at least price it accordingly. $50 for Wii Music is an F'N joke.

the stack of wii music games we have in our storeroom fell down and almost crushed/killed me last night. nah, but we do haev a crap load of this game in the back, not to mention the 20+ copies we have sitting on the shelf as is. I think all together we have sold roughly 10 copies or so.

yeah i really think Nintendo is gonna come back big time with the next console. they'll hopefully have a real online scheme (hell they've been working on it for TWO console generations) and some serious power under the hood. seriously, i cant handle anymore more of the "animated" artistic Link games. i want something that will make me crap the bed the first time i pop the disk in (like Gears of War did) they also need to implement something like the PS3 as a low-end media device. can you imagine Nintendo coming up with software for a camera device or photo editing tool??? they need to have some form of storage device in it, and of course--- keep the Wii controls.

664bb755.jpg

yeah i really think Nintendo is gonna come back big time with the next console. they'll hopefully have a real online scheme (hell they've been working on it for TWO console generations) and some serious power under the hood. seriously, i cant handle anymore more of the "animated" artistic Link games. i want something that will make me crap the bed the first time i pop the disk in (like Gears of War did) they also need to implement something like the PS3 as a low-end media device. can you imagine Nintendo coming up with software for a camera device or photo editing tool??? they need to have some form of storage device in it, and of course--- keep the Wii controls.

Really, I don't think their next console will do all that well. If they stick with the Wii concept--so basically it would be the Wii 2--then they would probably lose a lot of their casual players. For people who don't play video games much then the Wii is good enough for them and they can't really improve on the idea enough to get them to buy the new console.

The only way they can have even close to as much success as they did with the Wii is to come up with something as revolutionary as the Wii remote controls, otherwise people just won't care.

This game just never seemed like a good idea... I love the Wii, but this is definitely a wft kind of a game.

In reality, you could see this game failing from the very beginning. It looked like a joke even from the commercials. To be honest ever since activating my Gold LIVE account and really getting into my XBOX 360, I haven't even touched my Wii or PS3 in months.

In reality, you could see this game failing from the very beginning. It looked like a joke even from the commercials. To be honest ever since activating my Gold LIVE account and really getting into my XBOX 360, I haven't even touched my Wii or PS3 in months.

I know that Nintendo wants to get into the Rock Band/Guitar Hero bandwagon, but in the concept phase, did they honestly think that people were going to enjoy just banging around their controller and nunchuck. At least with the others, they get a guitar or drums, but Nintendo just wants to give you carpal tunnel syndrome.

Are their a bunch of Yes-Men in the Nintendo board room or are Japanese people just stupid enough to think that people would actually play this.

Back