Kurgan Boom!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Likeness doesn't look any better than the severed head that came with Connor, but I'm still ecstatic to see this piece is coming. Hopefully a 1536 Kurgan and Ramirez will follow.

Oh my god! I cannot properly convey to you how upset I am with this head sculpt!

That better be a poor prototype...that is the absolute WORST likness I have EVER seen on a sideshow 12"er!
What a crying shame! PITY!!!
One of the best Highlander characters created throughout the entire span of the films and series and THIS is the representation we get?
Good God almighty!
Let's hope his Flashback look is not this Bad....this is just BAD!
I don't know who that is, but it sure as HELL is NOT Clancy Brown! :eek: :mad:

Sir Tristram said:
Oh my god! I cannot properly convey to you how upset I am with this head sculpt!

That better be a poor prototype...that is the absolute WORST likness I have EVER seen on a sideshow 12"er!
What a crying shame! PITY!!!
One of the best Highlander characters created throughout the entire span of the films and series and THIS is the representation we get?
Good God almighty!
Let's hope his Flashback look is not this Bad....this is just BAD!
I don't know who that is, but it sure as HELL is NOT Clancy Brown! :eek: :mad:

yeah but it's kurgan

Notice to Sideshow.

Dear Sideshow people,

Headsculpt sucks....Really bad.
Please fix.

Clay

pitchin said:
yeah but it's kurgan

That's what they're banking on....
"Hey, it's the Kurgan, they'll just eat it and buy no matter how ridiculously poor the head sculpt ended up being."

Disgusting.

I am only being so harsh because I have seen some AMAZINGLY wonderful scuplting out there...from SS and other companies!

What the -head shaving-safety pin fastening to neck-heck is going on over there?
Get your heads on straight and get your stuff together SS...
This is a terrible preview of a cult favorite character. Boo. :mad:

Sir Tristram said:
That's what they're banking on....
"Hey, it's the Kurgan, they'll just eat it and buy no matter how ridiculously poor the head sculpt ended up being."

Disgusting.

I am only being so harsh because I have seen some AMAZINGLY wonderful scuplting out there...from SS and other companies!

What the -head shaving-safety pin fastening to neck-heck is going on over there?
Get your heads on straight and get your stuff together SS...
This is a terrible preview of a cult favorite character. Boo. :mad:

good point..........booooo hisss :D I was just glad they done him but hopefully the words prototype come up shortly

Here is a photo of Kurgan from Highlander

victor_krooger_pic.jpg

Looks nothing like the proto type. Hope they fix him.

I'm not seeing the likeness either. Hopefully it will be better either with newer pics or changes closer to production.

I too minght pick him up, sure the likeness isn't like the one from the pic. I haven't seen any of the films so it does matter much to me, but I hope it is a good sculpt in the end for you that do care. Maybe likeness issues are a problem?

Does he saftey pin his head on after Conner cuts it off? Since I've never seen the films I'm just going off of what you guys are saying and what info sideshow's item descriptions give. I might pick up Conner now if the Kurgan doesn't come with his own severed head too.

Another problem is the facial expresion, it's so bland. I would've preferred a sneer or something a bit more menacing.

Kurgan

ACCKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I agree with everyone else. This is a very very poor likeness. The sad thing is that I will probably get him anyway. However, I think I will wait for a sale or something, unless he comes with some really cool exclusive accessory that I can't wait for. It's sad because I was really looking forward to this figure. I love my Connor and Duncan. The Duncan in my opinion is my favorite SS figure to date outside of Goldfinger Bond.

Brad

Not a perfect likeness, but I'm not up in arms over it - why? Because THAT
isn't the Kurgan that I want. I want the Kurgan from the flashbacks - With
full headdress and preferrably on horseback! If they don't make that one, I'd
be very surprised, and mighty annoyed, as that is the only one I want to buy.

JS

I assume they will if this one sells, to go with the other "origins" figures. But the likeness is off. the outfit looks great from what i can tell!

The likeness is off and it should be better, But the paint ops. are also off. There needs to be darker circles under his eyes and a grimier complexion.
I'm buying one but I hope they can improve the sculpt a bit before release.

The clothes pins are decoration. Ramirez slit his throat in a ancient battle, but Kurgan survived because the only way to kill a immortal is to fully decapitate them. Kurgan later added the clothes pins in modern times when he sheaved his head to disguise his identity.

The likeness is off but I'll wait until I see some full figure pics until I pass judgement on the figure. A lot of people were disapointed with Conner at first but the figure came out great in the end.

There were similar complaints about Connor when he was previewed, but the released figure looks exactly like a clean-shaven Macleod.

And personally I don't see why everyone is complaining about the likeness, it definitely looks like Clancy from the end of the movie, at least to me. I'd prefer the origins version, but it does look like a lot of detail is on this guy. I look forward to seeing more pics.

Back