Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 242 123451151101 ... LastLast
    King of the Monsters MODERATOR
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Follow MaulFan on Flickr Visit MaulFan's Instagram Channel

Default Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

While starting these threads before anyone at SSF has images tends to be looked upon poorly at times, I think in the case of the wait for this figure, it warrants starting something the minute images are around.

From an eBay auction.

From www.throwmetheidol.com

From Toy World Forums

Blue Flame of the West/Mod MODERATOR
    Feedback

Torturer of OCD
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Well.... the sculpt looks terrific. The Toy World pics have no stubble! Weird. But from the other pics it looks like the stubble is pretty good. The hatless sculpt is great.

The jacket looks to be darker than the proto -- which now looks much better. Love that the jacket is lined. The clothing and bits all look great.

Nits: the hat looks shiny, the jacket is as feared (Terminator pleather) and the gloves look very painted.

But overall, it looks pretty damn good so far. Much like the proto so you can't really complain.
    Hidden Content
    Freaks Dilemma: desperate need for completion vs. desire for perfection

Super Freak
    Feedback
    9 (100%)
    That is too cool! Definately the first pictures I've seen of the box art and a production piece. The paint aps look pretty good and a little more subtle on the beard than earlier pics. I notice in those pics above that whoever owns that figure didn't put the Mark VII mask bag on under the jacket as it should be. I can't wait for this figure, definately the Holy Grail of many 1:6 collections, including mine. I wanna know how these guys got theirs already, guess maybe I need to start a review site
    Last edited by Murderofcrows71; 11-08-2008 at 12:34 PM.

King of the Monsters MODERATOR
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Follow MaulFan on Flickr Visit MaulFan's Instagram Channel
    You think the jacket's same as T-800? Wrinkles seem much more realistic than T-800s, which is why I hate that jacket, not the material's look but how it wrinkles.

As for the shine on the face and head, I think that's just the camera flash, I've had flash create shine spots that aren't really there before.

And as for the stubble on the Toy World shots, I think it's just washed out, it's very subtle, which is good, but certain lighting will make it look totally absent.

Torturer of OCD
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaulFan View Post
    You think the jacket's same as T-800? Wrinkles seem much more realistic than T-800s, which is why I hate that jacket, not the material's look but how it wrinkles.

As for the shine on the face and head, I think that's just the camera flash, I've had flash create shine spots that aren't really there before.

And as for the stubble on the Toy World shots, I think it's just washed out, it's very subtle, which is good, but certain lighting will make it look totally absent.
    Well, I was just noticing some things that struck me. I never cared for the jacket outright. But these pics do look better -- the jacket is darker and lays better than the proto, which is great, but the material still concerns me. We'll see.

The stubble isn't a concern of mine. Better less than too much, that's for sure.

I hope you're right about the hat. It doesn't look like flash to me. That hot spot on the ribbon is way too hot for flash. And the Toy World pics look like hot lighting, not flash.

The gloves... well, I can always use the bare hands.

But hey, I'm not complaining here. This looks like another homerun for Sideshow.

After Clone-Obi and Gandalf, now this, it's a real shame Sideshow is seemingly moving away from 1/6th.
    Hidden Content
    Freaks Dilemma: desperate need for completion vs. desire for perfection

a.k.a. Coco
    Feedback
    190 (100%)
    Wow! That looks really good. The sculpts are fantastic. I love what looks to be lining in the jacket and the tiny zipper.

My only nit right now is that there aren't any relaxed hands but that's no surprise of course.

You Are A Tooooooy!!!
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Looks good. I will have to pick one up to go with my Hasbro Ark.

Here on the Perimeter
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Wor-Gar View Post

But hey, I'm not complaining here. This looks like another homerun for Sideshow.

After Clone-Obi and Gandalf, now this, it's a real shame Sideshow is seemingly moving away from 1/6th.
    Yeah, they absolutely, positively could not afford to blow this one...

The jacket is darker than the promo and looks better, again need to see it to tell, but it looks as though the lining material they chose may help how it folds... we'll see...

And I agree, well done. My Hat's off to SSC...
    Last edited by pjam; 11-08-2008 at 12:47 PM.

No fat face-this is going to look killer with a repaint as some of us here can do. Just alittle weathering-bam.