a question for collectors

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randysgut

Super Freak
Reaction score
ive noticed alot of you have the ikea detolf cabinet, and i just bought mine today and wow is this ting wobbly, eveyrtime i open it the figures just fall over, any suggestions to keep these figures down, or did i just put this thing together wrong, or should i not be putting smaller scale figures in there?. i know this is off topic and doesnt fall under this category

One of my cabinets is as stable as a rock, while the other is worse than a maraka. I guess it's a matter of how it was put together.

Welcome to the Freak Show.

Don't forget to secure the cabinet to the wall just in case. The strap they offer is ok I perfer a car stereo bracket much more sturdy and cuts down on wobble. Be Cool

I also just bought 1 recently as well, I noticed that it was more stable on carpet if
you dont attach the plastic legs they give you, but on tiles or floor boards I would keep
them on.

yup, i also don't attach the plastic legs for better stability on carpet. i plan on eventually putting them on wooden "benches" to elevate them a bit for better viewing..

alright well i try taking the plastic brackets off, thanks. i also ordered my first piece form sideshow the ringwraith legendary bust, so that will be the first to go in there.

Make sure the cross bars the glass rest on that are welded to the metal frame are both facing towards the inside of the cabinet otherwise you could get a shelf that could fall.

welcome welcome and be ready to spend! those long nice tropical trips are long gone. all the mula will be invested in these statues!!!!!! :banana

Hey Randy. I joined here yesterday. My Detolfs rattle a bit when I open the doors too. It's just a matter of finding secure balance (buy the stands I told you about). Some people use glue, some sticky tack, but the stands are simple--pop 'em on, pop 'em off.

don't forget metall parts are little shaky,when you mean that you can't do anything.:banghead

Back