GIMLI Customs...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
OK, let's see what you got!

No SS Gimli means we all need to make this one for ourselves.

I'd love to see what the ToyBiz Gimli and the DiD Gimli look like to compare. I understand both have their merits.

OK, let's see what you got!

No SS Gimli means we all need to make this one for ourselves.

I'd love to see what the ToyBiz Gimli and the DiD Gimli look like to compare. I understand both have their merits.

I just got the ToyBiz Gimli. Better than nothing I suppose. :(

MIne:

LOTRALL2.jpg

lotr5.jpg

gimliclose.jpg

lotr3.jpg

lotr4.jpg

Gimli will be the only figure that'll be hard to customize giving the size disparities between the bodies. The Toybiz body needs to be slightly bigger. Other then that I think Merry and Pippin customs should be fairly easy to do. We already have the hobbit bodies, so head sculpts would be the only thing that we'd have to worry about.

Gimli will be the only figure that'll be hard to customize giving the size disparities between the bodies. The Toybiz body needs to be slightly bigger. Other then that I think Merry and Pippin customs should be fairly easy to do. We already have the hobbit bodies, so head sculpts would be the only thing that we'd have to worry about.

Didn't Gentle Giant release some Merry and Pip busts?...
Would those work?

Didn't Gentle Giant release some Merry and Pip busts?...
Would those work?

Not sure how you would go about adding those heads to a hobbit body. I was thinking about commissioning someone to make us separate heads for Merry, Pippin and even Bilbo and then just use sideshow's hobbit bodies for the heads.

Guys I think I might have an extra Gimli in storage. I look and let you know. Also the Toybiz Bilbo works ok-face alittle shinny and cloths look dollish-but the sculpt is on. I'll try to post pics.

...Also the Toybiz Bilbo works ok-face alittle shinny and cloths look dollish-but the sculpt is on. I'll try to post pics.

I agree, though it could benefit from a nice repaint to bring out the surprisingly good sculpt.

Here is an old shot of my Toybiz Gimli with the man and the elf. Since then I've obtained the outfit, gear and weapons of the DiD Gimli to upgrade him. (along with a loose SS LOTR base.)

Toybiz Gimli is in storage back home, but I picked up the DiD version this summer and have it here now. He came with some really nice metal and wood axes, and I think the figure itself is closer to the correct size in relation to the SSC figures. It's too late here to take pics now, but I'll dig him out and post some comarison pics next to the hobbits tomorrow. After seeing the Toybiz figure again, I think that using of the best parts of both figures would make a really impressive Gimli.

Back