360 Elite

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Loki

Super Freak
Reaction score
Now I have an Elite.

Ho, Ho, Ho

No more disk read errors for me.

Sup ^^^^^es?

congrats Loki. i'm planning to get me a 360 but just want to know what other differces there were from the 60 gig 360 and the elite.....well besides the 120 gig hard drive.

congrats Loki. i'm planning to get me a 360 but just want to know what other differces there were from the 60 gig 360 and the elite.....well besides the 120 gig hard drive.

There is no difference. Except that it is black and has a bigger hd. :)

There is no difference. Except that it is black and has a bigger hd. :)

It's black, and that's it really.

All the 60GB versions will have the newest chipsets and they all have HDMI like the Elite.

thanks guys, i had a 360 a while back but got rid of it cuz i sent it in for repairs like 2 o 3 times in a row (red rings of death) i got pissed and sold it with a couple of games. now i'm planning on getting one, with fable 2 out and gears 2 a couple of weeks away, just wanted to ask before buying....i'll just stick to the 60 gig one. also, is the red ring problem solved?

It's probably not solved completely, but since the first ones were released they've added a better heatsink and a new chipset that is supposed to run cooler, so it should have a much lower chance of dying.

I plan on trading in my 360 for an Elite or the new 60 GB soon. Just need to figure out how i transfer the stuff on my HD to the new one.

I plan on trading in my 360 for an Elite or the new 60 GB soon. Just need to figure out how i transfer the stuff on my HD to the new one.
I was wondering the same thing cuz I will be getting a black elite for christmas.

Also even some elite have died from the RRD. You just have to take care of your 360. It is delicate and there should be some basic care rules. When it is hot, real hot out I dont play my 360. I hardly ever move it. It is in the standard position not standing up. I turn it off with the controller. The only discs i ever put in it are standard 360 games, no dvds or music.

Stuff like that will see that your 360 lasts a few years.

You can check the back of the console where the serial is listed and it'll have a manufacture date and you can tell if it'll have the new chipsets, if it's made since around October of last year it'll have the Falcon chipset which has a smaller and cooler-running processor, if it's made even more recently like since August of this year then it'll also have a smaller graphics processor and memory chips. So if you get the 60GB you should be fine, on others you would need to check the date if you really want to know. The Elite has been in production since April of last year.

My disc drive went out on my Elite but I got it when they first came out, so hopefully all the problems are taken care of.

I have had zero problems with my Elite. And I like the color, too.

I originally got it mostly for the HDMI, but that's no longer a selling point.

There's a data transfer kit that you need. I understand that it comes with the stand alone external hard drive. I had to send away for a free one when I got my Elite.

well, all this talk about the 360 and how awesome fable 2 is, made me go and get me a 360. i got me a 60 gig one and got fable 2 and paid for fallout 3.....awesome!

I have an elite and love it...

Now, mine is the original Elite issued, and I do have one issue: only the black controller works with it - I have a white one, but it does not work with the Elite - anyone else have this issue, or is that not supposed to be the case?

Back