Marvel slow to release.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullseye

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone else getting a little frustrated at the slow pace at which Sideshow is releasing their Marvel line. And before anyone mentions "Star Wars" or "LoTR" this thread is about Marvel.

AH line - About two years old and only three shipped to date. One left to ship Rogue but no new announcements since her.

Dioramas - About four years old and only 7 dios released with one about to be announced.

comicquettes - Also about 4 years old. Long gap between Stealt Iron Man and Iron Spidey and Namor.

PFs - Mystique the last announcement. Majority of people still waiting on Thor.

When you compare this to Bowen and his 40+ releases over a two year license period it really is poor.

I love what Sideshows product and will continue to purchase but they really need to pump out more of these Marvel pieces per year.

Anyone else getting a little frustrated at the slow pace at which Sideshow is releasing their Marvel line. And before anyone mentions "Star Wars" or "LoTR" this thread is about Marvel.

AH line - About two years old and only three shipped to date. One left to ship Rogue but no new announcements since her.

Dioramas - About four years old and only 7 dios released with one about to be announced.

comicquettes - Also about 4 years old. Long gap between Stealt Iron Man and Iron Spidey and Namor.

When you compare this to Bowen and his 40+ releases over a two year license period it really is poor.

I love what Sideshows product and will continue to purchase but they really need to pump out more of these Marvel pieces per year.

Considering most of the Sideshow pieces are nearly twice the cost and size of the Bowen stuff not to mention more varied (not just bust/statues) and detailed, I would rather have the slower pace otherwise I wouldn't have the room or money available for everything I would want.

But that would only be applicable if you were collecting every line and every item from that line which I assume most people are not.

Bowen also only really has the Marvel line to focus on as well, whereas Sideshow has so many licenses to also work on at the same time.

You're not alone in sharing this. I have ever since I discovered Sideshow has said that they could blow away a lot of companies if they produced more stuff. So far they will take a character and sculpt it to death and in addition there is a long time between releases.

Oh I agree about the diversity of their lines but really that is no excuse for only two dios per year, or two comiquettes. The real problem as I see it is the PFs which take more time to prepare due to their mixed media but fully sculpted pieces should be pumped out at a greater rate IMO.

I also agree with the lack of diversity in the Marvel line in what seems like the same characters getting repeated over and over. Don't get me wrong they release top notch stuff but the Marvel Universe if more than just the Hulk and Spider-man.

Oh I agree about the diversity of their lines but really that is no excuse for only two dios per year, or two comiquettes. The real problem as I see it is the PFs which take more time to prepare due to their mixed media but fully sculpted pieces should be pumped out at a greater rate IMO.
Bullseye your are preaching to the choir.

BTW i love the PFs and have no problem with a couple of these a year due to their complexity. But lets get the finger out on the dios and comicquettes SS.

quality > quantity

then again, namor and ghost rider on an effin throne? some people are really digging mystique as well, but the pose and exclusive don't do much for me.

i guess i'd rather see some highly desirable pieces with a slightly smaller ES released more frequently, but i'm not the one calling the shots.

I only got one thing to say :

king Hulk, the Green Scar !!!!

i'm a happy man.

Well, I think any focus on Legendary Scale Busts is a factor.

The line is "okay" for what it is, but it takes away from the focus on the big 3: PF, Comiquettes and Dioramas.

To be fair to Sideshow, they juggle so many licenses and Bowen only only deals with Marvel. Bowen will have the most Marvel product by default even with all the legalities of the contracts/delays.

But that would only be applicable if you were collecting every line and every item from that line which I assume most people are not.

Same thing applies to Bowen if you would count and/or collect both the minibust and statues, you can't use that argument as it would be a double standard.

Back