People taking video gaming a little too seriously.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KitFisto

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok, there are several of us who are pretty competitive, but we are not the only ones. I read the Washington Capitals boards too and there is a thread over there about NHL 09 and some of it's pretty heated. :lol

People started some leagues and teams and there has been arguing about "how" people play and what positions they are "allowed" to play on specific teams and how there have been people getting angry and kicking people off teams for starting fights ( hockey fights ) and such.

I admit I am very competitive and I like to win and I get frustrated and pissy with the best of them ( especially over Gears even though I still love it ), but I just can't see how some people expect others to conform to their style of play or leave. I mena I'll rag on glitching Fingaz and his wall bouncing that he does not admit to, but I'd never say boot him for it. Booting is reserved to SithLord. :lol

Its really funny how people can get so wrapped-up in something as meaningless as video games. Don't get me wrong, they are fun as can be, but people do seem to take things to unnecessary extremes.

When a person's self esteem comes mostly from video games its no surprise that they get worked up if they find themselves on the losing side.

That's why I say sports games suck

I love NHL games. They can be a blast. You can play with upto 15 people ( or maybe more ) and most of it is a really good time. You just have people tht insist on making it like a REAL league or something and trying to be a "coach" and tell everyone what to do.

This is why I only play sports games with you guys. We tore up some cars on Nascar and had fun doing it.

I am not going to lie. I kinda stopped playing with you all because you some of you are WAY to serious and I am stressed out enough. I don't need to play a game and be stressed doing that as well.

I am not going to lie. I kinda stopped playing with you all because you some of you are WAY to serious and I am stressed out enough. I don't need to play a game and be stressed doing that as well.

Dude, it's all in fun. Yeah, I get pissed at the game, but not you guys directly. All you're doing is playing just like me. Yeah, I'll yell and get pissy when I shoot someone in the back 4 times and they just turn around, smile, fire once and kill me, but if I wasn't having fun I would not play.

There are also some who really ^^^^ talk in fun and others who don't. I hope those that don't do it don't dislike those that do because it's all meant in joking.

I was playing with my little cousin (who is 10 years old ) once over xbox live and he killed some guy and the guy went ballistic
He was from the UK and was saying stuff like " I'm gonna find you and knife you ".
This guy was serious too , a real real nut job. I actually contacted Microsoft direct about him because the way he spoke to a kid was just crazy. He was definitely a grown man.

They said to file a complaint and what not but they had had other people phone about this certain member so they would look into it ( probably didn't ).

All this because he got killed on Gears of war.
People must have no lives what so ever.

People are really taking these games to the extreme, as if it is life and death sometimes. And it will only get worse.

I was playing with my little cousin (who is 10 years old ) once over xbox live and he killed some guy and the guy went ballistic
He was from the UK and was saying stuff like " I'm gonna find you and knife you ".
This guy was serious too , a real real nut job. I actually contacted Microsoft direct about him because the way he spoke to a kid was just crazy. He was definitely a grown man.

They said to file a complaint and what not but they had had other people phone about this certain member so they would look into it ( probably didn't ).

This is one of many reasons why when I play any game online alone, I do not wear a headset. I just don't need to hear that crap.

There are also some who really ^^^^ talk in fun and others who don't. I hope those that don't do it don't dislike those that do because it's all meant in joking.

When i play I am usually quiet because my house has thin walls and I am usually playing when my wife and son are sleeping so that is why you don't hear much from me. I don't take offense to what anyone says or does. I die allot and I accept that I am not as good as others. I guess i have McHavyck to thank for that since he taught me the art of gracfully taking a shotgun to the face in Halo 1.
But it's just a game and if it starts to get to me then I know I have played long enough and it's time to sleep it off. Also adding alcohol to gameplay is probably the biggest factor when things get pissy.

I've learned it's not worth getting all worked up over, I used to get pissed off at myself when things would go bad. It's all about playing with your buds, shooting the ^^^^ and having a good time.

This reminds of playing Gears online with randoms, you're not supposed to use anything but the Shotgun or Sniper Rifle, if you use anything else your a 'Noob' and you suck. :lol

again.....

When a person's self esteem comes mostly from video games its no surprise that they get worked up if they find themselves on the losing side.

:lecture

It's hilarious when you play online with people you don't know, they act like being better than you at a game makes them superior to you. You can tell for most that it is the only thing in the world that makes them feel important and that is sad. A lot of these guys are real racist A-holes too, that's what bothers me the most. When they talk their ^^^^ about being better than me, I just ask, "Want a Cookie?". :D

It's hilarious when you play online with people you don't know, they act like being better than you at a game makes them superior to you. You can tell for most that it is the only thing in the world that makes them feel important and that is sad. A lot of these guys are real racist A-holes too, that's what bothers me the most. When they talk their ^^^^ about being better than me, I just ask, "Want a Cookie?". :D

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

Agreed. That's why I pretty much ONLY play with the Freaks now. I am VERY close to the Boomshot achievement, but I won't play ranked matches anymore because I am tired of the mouthy little kids and the BS.

Agreed. That's why I pretty much ONLY play with the Freaks now. I am VERY close to the Boomshot achievement, but I won't play ranked matches anymore because I am tired of the mouthy little kids and the BS.

I think mouthy little kids are the worst especially when they throw racist remarks out there. I once thought about creating a blog and listing all the gamertags of people who throw racist descriminatory remarks around on xbox live, PSN and forums just to see how big the list got.
People become emboldened when they can remain anonymous and void of any retaliation to what they say or type. They would never say any of the stuff that you hear online to a persons face.

I know I've said this before, but for me, playing online is a social aspect. I enjoy talking with everyone...kicking a little ass doesn't hurt :lol, but if I don't win, it's not that big of a deal to me. Plus I know I'm not as good as most of you, so I don't expect to get too many kills. When I'm playing campaign mode it's a different story, I do get frustrated and want to not only succeed, but kick total ass. But, online is different.....so sometimes the ^^^^^ing and moaning gets to me after awhile....there are definitely times when I get glitches to, but know it's just part of the game we play. I suppose it's just frustrating when there are times I know I had a good, fair kill and the other person has to rob me of that kill by coming up with excuses of why they went down. Sometimes it's a glitch, sometimes I wonder if they can't handle getting killed by a female. :lol When things seem to become more mean spirited than fun, I know it's time for me to leave. That's not why I go online and it ends up ruining my evening. I don't mind the witty, smart ass comments - it's just sometimes it gets hard to tell when someone is just joking....some comments to me just seem rather mean.

Back