Would you want 1:6 Battle Droids?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh but theres $80 and then theres a repainted hasbro, id take a Droideka thats in scale but thats about it

bd03.jpg

sbd04.jpg

The standard Hasbro looks good enough, but that Super Battle Droid is just wrong. :(

Count me in for the eventual Sideshow release. I give it two years. Maybe three.

Hot Toys should do the droids. All of the droids. Of course the pricing would be a big factor but at the rate SSC is going price is becoming a big factor there too.

Definitely be down for one... my plan for OT troops:
1 Battle Droid
1 Super Battle Droid
1 AOTC Trooper
1 ROTS Trooper
- done, and I'd prefer to all be basic version... no war paint, but some dirt and wear is fine.

I think it would only be worth it of they were significantly cheaper than the other 12" figs - especially because most people are gonna want multiples... maybe even multi-packs of different colored/rank droids for the price of one normal fig (which is getting out of control lately).

Really... not into the design, or has the slap-stick nature of them ruined the appeal?

I find them kind of annoying, but thought they are cool enough looking to warrant buying one.

I like the look as well. Hated the "stooge" renditions of them in the movies, though.

No, wouldn't ever buy any. I hate the designs, and I only have a few Super Battle Droids from Hasbro 4" because they came in multipacks.

Sure. I have my issues with the PT, but I like robots. Even though the battle droids are not my fav design. When something great like the OT design was created, it's hard to top. Much of the PT design is subject to it.

The PT is now part of the universe... :monkey2

Oh, and I perfectly agree: the Hasbro's do fine.

I say, those look good enough.

I agree. I've got four of the Hasbro ones posed in the very back of my SSC/Medicom PT villains' display and they're fine. Now some Battle Droid parts to pose at the feet and around the Jedi-- that'd be cool. And maybe a Droideka.:D

I'd probably be down. But honestly I'd rather see SSC devote the R & D of a non-buck, non-prometheus character to the droids we really need.

Can always get the AMT Ertl 1/6th styrene kit and modify it...that's what Darth Callous had done. They turned out pretty sharp if you have the painting skills.

Back