spiderman bronze statue (gold?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadcent

Super Freak
Reaction score
$9100??? Give me a break. I'd rather have a superrare comic for that price, If I could even justify spending that amount of money.

meh, i could see somewhere around the 5k range maybe. how big is that thing anyways and were 1000 really made?

I believe these are REAL bronze not Faux that could be why the price is so much... the first one was the better deal outa the two, :)

Bowen did a real bronze for Spidey, Cap, Hulk and I think Thor. We sold a Hulk bronze at our comic store, and it was a cool day. The thing was friggin huge and came on a marble base. Some of them even came with a mini-bronze bust of their alter-ego, like Peter with Spidey, Rogers with Cap, Banner with Hulk... I just can't remember if they did a full Bronze Thor. These are really cool statues, but who has that kind of money?

Bowen did a real bronze for Spidey, Cap, Hulk and I think Thor. We sold a Hulk bronze at our comic store, and it was a cool day. The thing was friggin huge and came on a marble base. Some of them even came with a mini-bronze bust of their alter-ego, like Peter with Spidey, Rogers with Cap, Banner with Hulk... I just can't remember if they did a full Bronze Thor. These are really cool statues, but who has that kind of money?

Yeah, that first auction came with the mini bronze Parker.

The original plan for the bronze series was for 8 pieces:

Cap, Hulk, Spidey, Thor, Iron Man, Thing, Namor, Silver Surfer

Thor was scheduled to be the 4th "hot cast" bronze statue. Sometime around the Thor Bronze planning stages, Randy got the license/contract to do full-size resin statues of Marvel characters. The Iron Man Bronze was already being worked on/had been designed, and that design was used for the resin Original Iron Man FS Statues (grey and gold).

Unfortunately, the remaining bronzes never got produced.

Sometime in the last few years, a Spiderman bronze with the bronze mini-bust (only the first 35 out of the 100 came with the bust) sold for $18,000.00 so this was a very good price, indeed.

The last Spiderman bronze without the bust sold for around $7,800.00.

This is the first time in years I've seen the Hulk come up for auction. That was a great price, too.

those are the Bowen true Grails....I think they look awesome...sculpt look like some of the characters first appearance.The Hulk is a grail I will never possess but he's awesome..

Yeah, these are the best of the best.

I had my eye on both of them at $6k but they went over that. Oh well.

Back