Ebay seller asking me to send payment to other email address via Paypal. Scam?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesa

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just won a couple of Alien/Predator statues for what I thought was a great price. Told seller yesterday I would make payment today and they send me this message:

hi, do not use the ebay check out email, as my paypal is not directly link to ebay, can u please sent me paypal to emailaddress2.com, do not sent to emailaddress1.com, please remember, thanks

- Ebay Seller

I editted/omitted the specifics.

The seller did know original email address and asked to change it to this newer one.

Does this sound legit?

I just won a couple of Alien/Predator statues for what I thought was a great price. Told seller yesterday I would make payment today and they send me this message:

I editted/omitted the specifics.

The seller did know original email address and asked to change it to this newer one.

Does this sound legit?

Somethings not right. Did the seller give you a reason?

Needless to say, I haven't made payment. I sent another message:

Why can't I do it through Ebay directly? If I go to paypal and enter the email address you gave me for that ebay item, I get an error. I don't want to send payment for something that looks suspicious or a possible scam. I'm not implying you are trying to do that, but I've been burned before on Ebay. I would much rather send payment to the seller of the Ebay item.

Please let me know how you want to proceed.

Scott

DON'T DO IT!! If you do you are not protected.

Like HAPPYBOY says, I'd be most concerned about buyer protection. And if you send payment to ANOTHER registered Paypal email, you can also guarentee that you'll loose protection. And if you do run into problems in the future with this seller (not saying that you will, but JUST IN CASE), sending payment to another address will surely be the reason why you are denied a refund.

whats his feedback like :huh

I was just going to ask the same thing. If he's got good feedback I would think you'll probably be fine. Use paypal and pay with your credit card, that way you would still have some protection if there was a problem..

this is the item.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270279368739

He has only 8 feedback, but 2+ for selling statues recently.

This might sound like a bit much, but why not contact the past two buyers from this seller and ask if the seller asked them to do the same in terms of payment. The last two items sold for $800 and $1000 so if they were able to leave a positive feedback, it should be interesting to see what they say (if they do reply.)

If his name is Hello-Kitty he has to be legit.

But all fun aside Mesa I would do what Chapter says and contact the other two buyers and see what they did.

hes been a member for a month and what hes asking to do is against the rules but he has sold a $1000 statue. if he was gona con he would have done it then.

hes been a member for a month and what hes asking to do is against the rules but he has sold a $1000 statue. if he was gona con he would have done it then.

Agreed, bite the bullet and just do it.

If it goes sour though, its slimeyslug's fault. :monkey3

This might sound like a bit much, but why not contact the past two buyers from this seller and ask if the seller asked them to do the same in terms of payment. The last two items sold for $800 and $1000 so if they were able to leave a positive feedback, it should be interesting to see what they say (if they do reply.)

Great idea bro, do what Chapter says!!! Brilliant!!! :D

i would take a chance, just make sure you use your cc as the source of payment and if something goes wrong just do a charge back

yeah, that's basically what I was thinking, its looks legit enough, just a rookie seller. I'll use my CC reardless, still waiting for him to reply. If I make payment to other email address, I have to do it through PP only, and if I do it through PP and enter the different address the seller wants and link the item #, PP gives me errors. So it would have to be a direct payment for "goods" and not "ebay item".

Edit: Thanks for the advice.

Do it man, thats a good price for those pieces...

Yeah, I did it, just sent to new email address using my CC. I thought it was an excellent price for FULL size alien and predator statues, not the micro one.

Anybody have any better pics of these or know what the going rate is? I tried to google it, but couldn't come up with much.

Back